Chapter Thirty-Two: Ay Santa Maria!

y/n's PoV:

You glance back at him. He pushes a loose strand behind your ear, while the two of you are just staring at each other. You're not sure if those were old, buried feelings, or completely new ones, but goddamn... There was something.

He smiles softly - You never noticed how kind his eyes are. To be honest you never really looked at him for too long, and if you did, you didn't look at him in much detail.

y/n whispers: Do we need to get you to the hospital then?

Charles chuckles: Huh?

y/n smiles: You said your heart exploded...

Charles laughs: I think I'll survive. Some of your attention should stitch me up again.

You playfully roll your eyes at his cheesiness; He grins in response.

y/n chuckles: Oh boy...

---

You follow him into the short candy aisle.

Charles: Do you want anything?

It takes you a moment to assess all the options - A short, older woman with an apron passes by, and she smiles gently, as she takes your hand into hers. She has cool-toned grey-ish hair, big silver glasses and super soft eyes.

Woman: Oh Darling, what happened to your pretty face?

You glance at Charles, unsure about her, the situation and answering.

Charles loudly: Antonella, she was in a crash...

Her hearing must be bad, because Char just blasted off your ears with his response.

Antonella: Oh dear... Wait here, wait here, I'll find you a good cream for those bruises, wait for me okay?

She lets go of your hand.

Charles smiles: We're not moving... Take your time...

Antonella: Good! I'll be back!

She slowly walks off, one hand resting on her lower back, as she limps down the aisle. You're still confused, as he turns towards you. When she's out of sight, you look at him.

y/n whispers: Am I supposed to know her?

Charles nods: Yeah, she's the owner of the store... The two of you always chitchat when you come by.

y/n whispers: I don't remember...

He nods, as if he didn't expect any other reply other than the one you gave him.

Charles quietly: At least act like you know who she is though, please, otherwise she'll be worried, more so than she probably already is.

y/n nods: Okay...

She returns after another minute has passed by.

Antonella: Here-

She hands a bottle to you.

Antonella: Twice a day, okay? And not too close to your eyes, Dear.