Chapter Six: I Want to Go Home

y/n's PoV:

You do your best to listen to the Doctor, but every now and then you space out for a couple of seconds. You want to listen, and you do want to understand what happened, but you can't help it... Your mind just goes blank.

He tells you about the success of the knee surgery, which Charles explained better than this Doctor did, before addressing your nose in greater detail again.

You had a bloody nose when being admitted, so they looked into it. Turns out the blunt force trauma resulted in a fractured nose, which they set and realigned two days later when the swelling had gone down. A nurse mentions that they removed the stent and the gauze last night, since it had been healing quite well.

Dr. Joseph: Alright then Ms. Laurent, or should I say soon-to-be Mrs.Leclerc- I'm done for now...

You just stare at him in disbelief.

y/n irritated: No, how about we don't address me by the supposed fiancé that I don't remember. What's wrong with you?

A laughing grunt escapes Charles' mouth - He hides his smile behind his hand, as he looks down at you.

You've honestly had enough of this Doctor and his inappropriate comments; He had his strike one, he had his strike two - This was strike three. The nurses hold back their grins.

Dr. Joseph: Oh- Wow- Uhm, yeah. My apologies Ms. Laurent. Anyways, I'll hand it over to my colleagues.

He leaves the room hastily. What an absolute cowardly douchebag. You stare at Charles.

y/n: He was an ass right? I'm not just loopy as fuck?

Charles laughs: No, he- he was an asshole.

y/n sighs: Jeez-

A brunette approaches you slowly. She holds out her hand and reintroduces herself as Dr. Alma Riga.

Dr. Riga: Let's continue, shall we?

Charles: Yes, of course-

She outlines the neurological tests she ran on you, including an EEG, a CT scan, and an MRI of the head and spine. She dumbs it down for you, as she shows you the scans, which you truly appreciate.

Dr. Riga: Since you experienced a concussion and some blunt head trauma we ran the tests to make sure everything was alright; They all came back clean, and everything is okay from my point of view. I don't think the amnesia that Mr.Leclerc mentioned is related to any neurological causes, but we will run a couple more tests just to be on the safe side.

She then allows the psychiatrist to talk to you, but at this point you're just nodding. You don't actually register his words.

When he's done, the next Doctor proceeds to talk about the smoke inhalation and how your throat experienced minor irritation from it; They had incubated you at the start to relieve pressure off of your body to allow for better healing - It didn't take long and now it's fine again. He tells you that you might still experience some soreness and tenderness when you talk, breathe, swallow or cough.