Chapter Twenty One: Oh Cazzo

Gulia's PoV:

*opens message*

Gulia whispers: Oh cazzo.

You zoom into the picture your friend sent you - She asked if y/n was out of the hospital already, if she was spotted at a bar with Max already... It's safe to say that this won't sit right with Charles. To be honest it already doesn't sit right with you... But she's not fully herself right now, so you can't be mad at her for rushing back towards familiarity.

And why would it? His confused fiancée is currently at some bar, drinking, with her ex boyfriend. The one she was convinced she was still dating when she woke up... Not good.

You call Charles.

Charles hectically: Did she show up?

Gulia: Uhm, well...

Charles: Gulia, c'mon. Yes or no?

Gulia: Not directly, but I know where she is now.

Charles surprised: Okay! Where?

Gulia: Uhm... I'll send you a picture... Look at it and you'll know.

You send him the picture, while holding your breath; The ticks on WhatsApp turn blue, and you just hear heavy breathing on the other end of the line.

Gulia softly: At least we know she's okay Char...

Charles distraught: Gulia, my friend - That... That's not her being okay.

Gulia: Char, she's confused.

Charles angrily: Then you go to your parents', or to your best friend's place. Or you stay at home with the Love of your life. You don't go to some bar, to meet up with you fucking ex-boyfriend.

Gulia calmly: Don't over analyse this...

Charles hectically: How am I not supposed to over analyse this!?

Gulia sternly: She's doing what is best for NOW. She thinks that this is the right move, so just try and stay calm, okay?

Charles: I'm the best for her, Gulia, I am, not him - He broke her heart, he dragged her reputation through the mud and he treated her like crap.

Gulia calmly: I know that, and so do you. Of course you are the best for her. He is insane, but we can't fucking push her in any direction - She has to remember on her own.

Charles frustrated: And she will! But she has to come home to do so! I will fucking show her everything she needs to remember her life.

Gulia: I know you will Char...

Charles irritated: Do we know where this is?

Gulia surprised: The bar you mean?

Charles sighs: Yeah.

Gulia: I know where that is, but Char, I'm sorry, but I can't tell you-

Charles: Why not?

Gulia calmly: You will leave your place, head straight for the bar and you'll make a scene, trying to bring her home. She won't want to go home if you do that. Listen to me, I like her being there with him as little as you do, but we can't fucking tug at her and influence her and manipulate her and get mad at her. She's doing what feels right.

Charles yells: So being cuddled up to him at some bar feels right?

Gulia: Not to us, no. But maybe it does to her? She needs the fucking comfort right now.

Charles: I should be the one giving her comfort and safety though-

Gulia sighs: I know, she'll rely on who she wants that comfort from though. She knows what she needs-