Chapter Twenty Three: The Fridge Needs Some Love

Charles' PoV:

10:41

You've been talking to y/n's manager, Nathan MacCormick, for the last ten minutes; Your pulse is slowly rising, due to his lack of compassion for her situation.

Nathan: Charles, I understand that, but if you just get her on this call, we'll figure it out.

Charles: She's still asleep man, plus I don't even know if she remembers you! Look, I told you once, and I'll tell you again, as long as she's not herself, I'm taking care of her and her business.

Nathan: I got that - We need to have some sort of statement though, or a video, for her fans and the community to see she's fine. A personal appeal from y/n to her following... After all we need something more official than a picture floating around the internet of y/n and Verstappen being drunk at a bar. It's not a good look.

Charles sighs: I know that it's not a good look - Do you think I was happy about it? No. It doesn't matter though. When she's ready to address her fans and everyone else, I'll let you know, and the three of us can figure something out that will make you happy, and that will be comfortable enough for her.

Nathan: You said that before already, and I appreciate that Charles, look I know you're looking out for your Girl here-

Charles seriously: Damn right I am, especially from people like you, who are trying to pull her into the spot-light, when that's the fucking opposite of what she needs!

Nathan: Okay, slow down.

Charles: Look, I don't care if her fans are upset that they aren't being addressed 'personally' by y/n. She's a whirlwind right now, she's lost and she's confused - She hasn't been on Instagram in days now, because it's "too much" for her - And she said that herself, okay? So I don't give a damn if you think that my priorities aren't right-

Nathan: I never said that. They aren't wrong, I get that she's confused, but there are images of her leaving the hospital on two feet, and there are pictures of her getting hammered at a bar, and then leaving with Verstappen, looking like she's about to spend the night with him - She's causing a mess in the media. People think she's cheating, not some poor girl with memory loss trying to retrace her steps.

You'd punch him if you could; She would never cheat on you.

Charles sighs: She's not aware of the pictures yet, and I certainly don't want to bring it up to her. It will stress her out even more, and she'll feel restricted and watched, I can't have that Nathan.

Nathan: Yeah, mate, I get that, but people see the following; She crashed, she went MIA while being at the hospital, then she walks out, fully conscious and seemingly only with minor injuries, and then she flies home to get drunk with her ex-boyfriend. We need to address the public.

Charles: No, we don't need to do anything. I don't care what anyone thinks. It's understandable that she went MIA, and it's understandable that she's still off the grid. It's no one's business. By all means if writing a statement that she's out of the hospital gives you a hard-on, then fucking hell, have at it, but leave her, any mentions of her memory loss and her well-being off the record.

Nathan chuckles: Doubtful that it will give me a hard-on mate, but yeah, I'll try working with that. It will be short, snappy and concise - Her press team and I will whip something up.