Chapter Thirty One: Heart Rate

Charles' PoV:

You slide the ring onto her finger the same way you did it back then - You slowly guide it to the end, where it's meant to sit. When it rests preciously where it belongs, you press another very intentional kiss onto her hand.

Charles smiles: Was that scary?

y/n smiles: No...

Charles smiles: Good...

You won't ask her if she remembers something - If she does, she'd tell you, right?

Charles softly: How'd that engagement sound then?

y/n chuckles: Very romantic, unless that's not how it happened at all though...

Charles confused: What do you mean?

y/n smiles: Maybe you messed it up completely, and you sneezed, and the ring flew up into the air and magically landed on my hand, and I never actually said yes...

Charles laughs: I can assure you, this was how it happened... And I didn't sneeze...

y/n smiles: Promise?

Charles laughs: I promise my Love...

She's got a cheeky little grin.

y/n: Okay then... Lovey...

.

..

...

....

........

..............

Heaven. You just entered heaven.

You know she said that jokingly, but she called you Lovey again. While you're recovering from your heart attack, she looks at her ring. Your heart is violently beating out of your chest, as you stare at her. You'll simply make her fall in love with you again.

Your phone vibrates in front of the two of you; Both of you stare at the notification:

Increase in heart rate detected: Beginning of Workout.

y/n laughs: Charles...

You flip your phone, so that she can't look at it anymore. You're wearing your heart-monitor ring.

y/n smiles: Did me calling you Lovey just make your heart go-

There she goes again - Fuck it sounds so good.

Charles quietly: You made my heart explode y/n.

She turns rosy - The two of you are probably a matching shade of red right now. Y/n turns her head away from you for a second, while you inhale sharply. You realise the two of you just had a spark; You know she felt it.

She must have also felt it.