Chapter Twenty Nine: Yes, Lovey?

Charles' PoV:

A smile forms immediately when she asks that. She's right, you never really went over it in detail for her to remember. You pick up the ring.

Charles quietly: We had a private proposal, and then there was an engagement party with our families and our friends waiting for us after I asked you to marry me.

You take her hand into yours, holding the ring ready in your right hand. Her eyes are locked in with yours; You've captivated her attention.

Charles: We were laughing about something stupid I did earlier that day, and since you were happy and distracted, I got on one knee, as one does, and I pulled out a little box with the ring...

She nods slowly.

Charles softly: And I said "My Love", and you realised what I was about to do, so you smiled super big and bright, and you said "Yes, Lovey?", which made me laugh... And uhm, yeah I did a little speech about how much you mean to me, how I don't want to spend a day without you - And uhm... How you are the only person I need and want, and that you make me feel happy and at peace...

Her eyes soften by the second.

y/n whispers: Do you still feel that way?

Charles whispers: More than ever.

Her hand relaxes in yours, as you continue.

Charles quietly: And then I pretty much asked if you would marry me.

y/n hooked: What did I reply?

You laugh as if it's not obvious that she said yes, but you know what she means.

Charles smiles: You dropped onto your knees, and you gave me a long hug and a really passionate kiss - And you started to cry a little, so I was busy with wiping your tears away, and then in between the happy tears - Which were mutual by the way-

She chuckles. You also had one or two tears run down your face... You're not ashamed of it.

Charles: You smiled at me, and you said, word for word, "My Darling, put the ring where it belongs, so that I'm yours once and for all."