Chapter Fifteen: An Intimate Moment

Charles PoV:

After a couple of seconds she does as was asked of her.

y/n: I'm not a little kid – I will race if I choose to do so.

Charles sighs: I'm not treating you like one, my Love, I'm treating you like the fiancée that you are.

y/n irritated: No you're acting as if I'm a kid–

Charles softly: You have to understand that I'm doing the best I can right now. I'm balancing all of me and all of you on my shoulders – I'm doing what I think is best for the woman I fucking love.

y/n: I don't understand why I signed my medical choices over to you. Two years isn't enough to trust someone with big medical decisions!

Charles: You were madly in love with me, and you said I was the only one you trusted with that responsibility. Two years are enough with the right person!

Her eyes innocently stare up at you, as tears start streaming down her rosy cheeks. Hesitantly you lift your hand to her face, slowly wiping away her liquidised anguish.

Charles whispers: Please just trust my judgement – Honour your decisions by trusting me. I'm doing all I can right now, giving away piece after piece, while you don't even look at me the way you used to.

Her head droops down, as she continues to cry in frustration, and you run your hand along her face, occasionally stroking your thumb over her warm cheeks.

Charles whispers: We will talk about your future in racing in a couple of weeks, when you're okay again. I'm meeting you halfway here Princess–

Instead of answering, she leans her head against your chest, pushing herself into your arms; It's a yes.

Twenty minutes later

Her head is on your stomach – The two of you lie in her bed, covered in blankets. She slides her hand under your shirt, stroking it back and forth over the skin on your stomach, while you do the same on her back.

She always came back to you after an argument, just like she did now, and she always wanted you to hold her, like she did now. It seems some things will always stay the same, amnesia or not.

y/n whispers: I don't understand any of this.

Charles quietly: Any of what?

y/n mumbles: The fact that I needed you even though I'm pissed right now – I don't understand why my body keeps craving your presence.

You smile softly.

Charles whispers: One day everything will fall into place and you'll understand. I promise.

You can't promise her anything, but you want to assure her everything will be alright again.

y/n's PoV:

The next morning