Chapter Nine: Peachy

y/n's PoV:

The next day

You wake up to some muffled sounds – The room isn't light, you're wrapped up in two or three blankets, and a hushed conversation is taking place in what you perceive to be the hallway. A pained groan escapes your mouth when you try to get up; Your knee feels a bit weird.

The hushed voices continue, and curiosity gets the better of you. With one eager push you're out of bed. You shuffle towards the bathroom, in the hope that you'll hear a little better, since it's directly next to the main door.

The white ceramic sink turns out to be the perfect thing to lean against, taking some pressure off of your knee; They said it might start hurting more over the next few days, and annoyingly, they were right about it. To be honest it's not a soul-shattering pain, but more so a dull, stabbing pain. Either way it sucks.

When you look up from the sink, you're met with your own reflection. Jesus fucking Christ. Your hair is stringy, and greasy, probably untouched for the entire time you've been here, your under eye area is purple and blue from your involuntary nose-job, and your lips are pasty and chapped. You look pale and fucking terrible.

It's like staring at a brought down version of yourself; You have to do something about all of this. Sure nobody looks hot in the hospital, but maybe you'll start feeling more like yourself if you look a little more like you usually do.

Carefully you step towards the other end of the bathroom vanity – A medium-sized, sunflower decorated bag is sitting around. You peak inside; There's all your stuff... Your hairbrush, shampoo and conditioner are crammed in on one side of the bag, while the rest of your creams, make-up and necessities are on the other side.

Frankly you don't remember the bag, but the contents you do recognise. You lift out a little rectangular perfume bottle; A little bow is sat under the golden spray-head, and the name is written in silver cursive. The lid practically flies off when you tug at it, and you hold it up to your nose.

Your eyes close as you inhale the sweet, peachy smell.

---

Soft sounds fill the matte-themed store. You laugh as you lift the bottle.

"God this is good, here smell it Darling–"

You hold it over your shoulder. You feel a hand on either side of your waist.

 A soft chuckle.

"Woah... Okay. Done. Sold, I'm getting it for you – Fuck that will smell good on you."

---

You open your eyes again, unsure what you just remembered, or who you just remembered. You couldn't see him. It takes you a couple of seconds to wrap your mind around that flashback, but instead of indulging in it, by smelling it again, you fearfully snap the lid back on, and you push it back into the little bag.

You run your hands under some lukewarm water, sighing softly under the sensation of it. You push back your greasy hair a little, as you try finding some sort of small towel – Success. You hold it under the stream, and you slowly start wiping down your face a little.