#7.2 One tricky case. Two hearts in sync

Seyon dashes towards the garden where the shriek came from, balancing Thiya's entire weight on his shoulder. His night vision goggles enable him to see everything. The hallways are eerily silent, like a scene from a horror movie, bodies - some sprawled over the floor, some seated at awkward angles.

What's happening? He hopes all these people are not dead. One finger checks his earpiece. The signal is strong. He's already alerted Mira and Soham and the local police. They must all be on the way.

The power snaps back on just as he notices a body sprawled out in the garden. He has got his gun poised but that's unnecessary. There's no sight of anyone in the garden but this woman. If the slasher was here, he's already gone. Laying Thiya on the ground gently, Seyon removes his night vision goggles. The visibility here is better than it is inside.

The unconscious woman lying on the grass isn't Kavya

The unconscious woman lying on the grass isn't Kavya. Seyon has only seen her once. She's Kavya's PA - Kruthi. Where's Kavya? Is she safe? What of everyone else and Thiya?

Kruthi breathes. The faint breath hitting his fingers is both relief and hope to Seyon.

The killer left no clue. How did he ker-vanish?

Seyon places quick calls to Soham, Mira and ambulance services again, scanning his surroundings. The high compound wall framing the garden is twelve feet high. Electric fencing on top, plus the specks of glass that gleam ominously. Who dared enter past them?

Seyon's guess is the killer jumped off that wall despite the difficulties in doing so. Five minutes later, the ambulances, local police, Soham and Mira arrive at the front door.

Kavya's place is huge. It takes them three extra minutes despite running across the pathways to the garden.

"Is she..."

Soham watches a paramedic put Kruthi on a stretcher and carry her off. Exhaling softly when a doctor tells Seyon the girl will live. He follows Seyon's gaze that rests on Thiya. His eyes widen.

"What? Thiya too?" Soham's shriek is followed by Mira's soft murmur. "What happened?"

 "What happened?"