#17.2 Where to from here?

Thiya reaches home stifling a yawn, supposing it will be another night when sleep evades her. It has been that way since the big revelation. She couldn't sleep that night, sat on the living room carpet until dawn, thinking about Seyon. The streak went on and on. Even if she'd get some shuteye, she'd jerk awake dreaming of the day she thought Seyon cheated on her.

"Stupid Seyon! Being awkward in the office, making me feel awkward too! I wonder what he's thinking. He is usually the picture of confidence!"

CB welcomes her in the illuminated living room. They enjoy a relaxing shower together (CB is adamant these days), then lounge on the couch. He munches on a slice of watermelon while she offers her arm as a perch.

"We ought to sleep early, CB. This cannot go on. I don't want Seyon to see me sleeping at my desk and jump to conclusions. Like I care about him or that... I'm deeply affected by what happened!"

The clock chimes once. She remains glued to the couch, unable to contradict her inner voice.

"Seyon wasn't a cheater or a jerk, CB! Ugh, I should have chased after him! Why do I feel both relieved and broken knowing what happened? I feel sorry for Seyon and me. We didn't deserve this."

"I loved you, Thiya! YOU! There was none

"I loved you, Thiya! YOU! There was none... none when we were together, none after... It was... always you..."

Seyon's anguished words ring in her head. It was the first glimpse of his hidden emotions. She should've known. He often suppresses his emotions, sometimes without even realising it.

"Always you... It sounded like a confession..."

She smacks her head. "Nope. Don't get your hopes up, Thiya! Wait, what hopes? Remain quiet if Ramya or Ulla ask about what's next for Seyon and you. You and Seyon can't pick up where you left off."

What next... will one day this confusion will give way to clarity? What will be the result? Will they be together? Seyon might not, despite her wishes.

He said LOVED. She reminds herself before going to sleep, past tense. He can't love you now after the horrible way you treated him.

The thought upsets her, but she puts CB sleep in his cage and retires to her room. It might be the lack of sleep. She immediately dozes off. Unaware that somewhere in the same city, Seyon is struggling to sleep, dealing with similar thoughts.

As morning arrives, she's ready to dive into work again. Multiple texts from Ramya, Ulla, give her a momentary pause. The recent developments with Seyon calls for a girl's day out, they say. But who has the time? A grim scenario awaits her outside hall 57 of the CBCID.

"The SIT is dissolved?"

Thiya glances at the document handed to her in displeasure. Seyon, Mira, and Soham have already finished reading it. It was delivered to them a moment ago. The direct order from the ACP says: