#9.2 Same old, same old

AN: So this is a short piece, cut off from the previous update. I divided the chap as it turned long and because I wasn't sure. Yes, I feel this part brings Seyon and Thiya even close to each other but... I didn't want the scene to be draggy. I still am posting this because we need to address the strange tattoo Aran had on his arm? 🧐What are your thoughts on the story?😲

In case you've been reading this story, please vote comment and share your opinion. It only takes a moment but will mean a lot to the writer! Anyway, on with the update~💗

***⚘🌷⚘***

Towards the end of the day, Mira and Soham join the ACP to assist with the symposium preparations. Seyon and Thiya follow a lead that has them driving to Marina Beach and hiking a nondescript patch of cliffs in search of a cave of sorts.

The new software she put together finally yielded results. She cracked the code hidden in Aran's tattoo. The design depicted endless darkness or a black hole; also indicated a treasure trove of the sinister. The fine micron-sized numbers etched into were coordinates pointing to a certain location.

She wasn't entirely sure of pursuing this lead, but Seyon wanted to check it out. "A location in the city unremarkable enough, it's detached and hidden from the crowds. What if it's the killer's hideout?"

That was her speculation, too. But that's what it is. Speculation.

Finally. As the cave comes into the vicinity, and the sound of dripping water reaching his ears is louder than the waves lapping in the distance, Seyon heaves a sigh.

He's sweaty from trekking and hiking. The breeze from the sea has been cooler, but the humidity is the culprit. The summer sun has everyone at its mercy, especially outdoors. It's why he takes off his blazer. He should have taken it off and put it in their car. He'd do better off without it.

He runs a hand through his bangs and is subject to Thiya Arun's disapproving stare. Why does she disapprove? She changed her dressing style, too, choosing thin cotton shrugs and loose-fit shirts. Even her trousers appear to be pure of khadi. They suit her too well, and her hair has grown a bit. A bit, ahem.

Thiya glances at the entrance of the cave, ignoring Seyon's questioning gaze

Thiya glances at the entrance of the cave, ignoring Seyon's questioning gaze. The look in his eyes sometimes... His presence is a lot more distracting these days. Little gestures he does for her, little changes he makes to himself. She can't help it. Her eyes follow his movements closely. That scathing look she sent him earlier was directed mostly at herself.

He praised her work ethic earlier, but there's a ton to do. She has yet to process the data they got from Aran's laptop. The process would have sped up if they involved the CID's computer specialists. But with the theft inside hall 57, and with all the lack of clues so far, she didn't want to entrust vital information to anybody in the CID.