#15.2 Adumbration - (II)

The cafeteria is a buzz of activity. That evening, Thiya regales some of her day's tales as they relish their cold coffees. Not a chance encounter between friends, but an arranged meeting. Thiya doesn't mind bearing the cafeteria's noise if it means she gets to catch up with Ramya. Of course, there are other means of communication, other places they can meet at, but this now is a short mid-work day respite. One she can't miss.

"So I said I'd pitch in to kill my ex-boyfriend..."

Thiya explains briefly how she put in a strange request all to investigate a strange website leaving all the confidential case related names and facts.

"Seyon's face when I said that!" Thiya has a rather pleasing grin on her face

"Seyon's face when I said that!" Thiya has a rather pleasing grin on her face. Though utterly disinterested in the coffee she's drinking (she can drink in later, anyway, when it's not too cold), she eyes the droplets of condensation sliding down the paper mug.

"I wish I could have taken a snap so I could show you, Ramz. It'd been priceless..."

Ramya thinks that slightly sadistic tone, that bitterness isn't Thiya. Her eyelids droop in disappointment.

"Thiya... Seyon is... You shouldn't provoke him. Let him be. It's been eight years. The longer this goes on..."

The sadder you'll be... Ramya trails off, swallowing the rest of her sentence. Thi, I want you to move on and be happy.

Thiya takes a slow sip of her cold coffee. The cafeteria's crappy air conditioning means the summer heat is warming up her cuppa to the desired amount of chill, steadily, much to her comfort. The slasher case, having to work alongside her ex. When will the nightmare end? And why must she spare Seyon?

"Ramz..." she throws Ramya a pointed look, her friend's words finally sinking in. "You mean, I shouldn't even jab at him? Why, he deserves to feel the pain! She deserves to suffer like I did! Seyon Harith, that cheater! I wonder what happened to that woman he dumped me for! She could've dumped him, huh? It's why he became a lone wolf. How wonderful, eh..."

Thiya is rambling on, loud enough for anyone close by to hear. Somewhere along, midway through her speech, Ramya's eyes have gone wide. Thiya hasn't noticed, but Soham and Seyon are nearby. One table away! They have heard everything. Noticing Ramya's stare, Seyon has brought his index finger to his lips, asking her not to speak.

 Noticing Ramya's stare, Seyon has brought his index finger to his lips, asking her not to speak