#5 Past, present and future

Seyon holds a morning meeting the following day, The entire SIT team assembled inside hall 57, their swivel chairs forming a loose circle.

"Our own meeting." Soham's grin is as bright as the summer morning sun. "I am so into this, unlike the other meetings we had. The new couch adds to the aesthetics of the room. The mini fridge is such a good add-on."

Mira jokes he should have been an interior designer. Seyon rises from his seat and claps for everyone's attention. Thiya is the only one focusing on the meeting. It's also possible that serious look is one she makes when she is bored. Seyon doesn't know what it is. He brushes his short bangs aside and focuses on the group.

"Hola, team. We haven't got to discuss what happened yesterday. Let's have our own daily morning meetings so we can all catch up with our investigations.

 Let's have our own daily morning meetings so we can all catch up with our investigations

Everybody is on board with what Seyon said. The air is filled with relief. He's finally, finally acknowledging others have a part to play in the slasher case.

"When I said CID, I checked to see if that gave him a mental trip," Seyon says. "He definitely seemed nervous."

That serious gaze, the deep navy blazer hugging his slim frame, the pale ochre formal shirt and trousers matching his blazer — he makes the striking figure. He looks quite striking, unlike any other detective on duty. Aesthetics. As Soham says.

Thiya Arun nearly hates herself for noticing these facts, alongside the bitter truth that their attires match. Why must she choose a yellow ochre jumpsuit with navy blue stripes? Agitated, she turns her attention from Seyon's clothes to what he said.

"Anyone would also be nervous when a CID officer shows up on his doorstep, Seyon."

"Correct." Seyon nods at her. "But sometimes a detective must follow their intuition. Especially when there are no clues. In this case, I wanted to see where my intuition takes me. What did you guys find when you broke in?"

He looks at everyone in the group.

Mira is the first one to speak. "We found the guy is a weirdo. Saw all this weird stuff. Mostly the same ones you mentioned. We didn't find any family portraits and concluded he lived alone. Soham opined the guy was an orphan."

"So, he's an orphan. How does he sustain?" Thiya's valid question gets everyone to straighten up.

"Maybe he does odd jobs. Maybe he gets a government scholarship to support his studies," says Soham.

Seyon nods his head, plopping back into his chair. "All of them are possibilities. We are gonna go ahead and label this guy as a suspect. Soham, find out everything about him and keep an eye on him.

Soham is glad his friend isn't doing things by himself but he's discomforted by a lot of things. He leans forward and looks at Seyon. "Is he a suspect? What if we are wasting time?"