#13.2 One step forward, two steps back

AN: Please vote and comment if you're reading this story.🏵😅 It will greatly boost my morale to work on the chapters. Thank you for reading. I hope you like this chapter ~ The new year is coming and 🌻I will try renewing my sprit to bring weekly updates, though they may be short... 🌻This story will most likely end with about 30 chapters MAX (or even less). So stay tuned~~💕😇
edit: oops noticed some inconsistencies regarding Ulla and ACP meeting SIT... will fix them soon in detail

***

That evening, every member of Kavya's film crew receives a GPS tracker from the SIT. Aran, being the crew, has no choice but to wear it.

Soham regards it as a shrewd choice Seyon made. Thiya equipped all SIT officers' phones with the necessary tracking software. Her good work receives everyone's praise. Seyon is primarily the one to shower her in accolades. She flushes ever so slightly, cautioning that Aran could disable the GPS if he wills it. Anything is possible.

But the tides turn in SIT's favour. Aran doesn't disable the GPS. The tranquil days persist as Asterix remains dormant. Dr Shah's equation is proven wrong. The date he foresaw passes, uneventful. Despite these encouraging developments, the SIT has not experienced a moment of respite. Their unwavering dedication to maintaining an extra level of security compels them to conduct round-the-clock studio visits.

The GPS trackers aside, personnel vigilance undeniably is an essential part of investigations. Employing drones and high-end vigilance would take some time to arrange. And with a non-cooperative ACP, technical help is uncertain. Also, who can confirm the GPS signal is authentic? What if it was the work of a genius hacker hiding his tracks? The SIT must ensure it doesn't occur. That's why they survey the studio premises in person. Thankfully, the crew that stays overnight does not include Aran.

Despite being consumed by fatigue, Seyon remains resilient, radiating a cheerful disposition. He continues to encourage his fellow officers, who appear to be teetering on the edge of exhaustion.

"It's not that awful, guys. Old school methods are satisfying. Just 'envision' the triumph we will experience once the slasher is apprehended."

Those words, the new catchphrase that propels the SIT forward. The SIT is fortunate to have officers like Seyon who are passionate.

 The SIT is fortunate to have officers like Seyon who are passionate

The first schedule of Kavya's film shooting is in Chennai. After four months, it shifts to overseas. The SIT has three months to catch the slasher and save Kavya. Aran's dual role as a crewman and friend poses a threat to her safety, as he can covertly cause harm without suspicion. As the days pass, Seyon and the SIT are relieved and boggled why he hasn't done it yet.

Soham and Mira reach a consensus: Aran is not guilty. Only Thiya admits to finding the said youngster's business creepy. "He's suspicious, even if he's not the killer. We only need proof."

Seyon wholeheartedly agrees with her. One morning, he's driving the SIT to the Orion studios, venting out his frustration by slamming his fist into the car's dashboard. He's usually tightlipped and has it together, but not today.