"Goodbye Ezra,"

*BILL'S POV*

I watched her car leave then went back up to the apartment, everyone looked at me waiting for her to follow but she never came.

Disappointment spread across their faces when she didn't walk through the door and they all sighed. Gustav continued watching tv as everyone went to do their own thing. I sat down next to Gustav and he looked at me with a sad look in his eyes. "Don't let her go, please." i looked away back to the tv and i felt tear forming when breaking news came on.

⚠️BREAKING NEWS⚠️

everyone rushed into the room when they heard this and Violet started screaming and crying.

"ACTRESS EZRA HAWTHORNE GOT INTO A FATAL CAR CRASH, HER CAR FLIPPED AFTER HITTING ANOTHER CAR. PARAMEDICS HAVE CONFIRMED SHE IS ALIVE BUT IN CRITICAL CONDITION AND WE ARE YET TO FIND OUT IF SHE WILL SURVIVE OR NOT. WE'LL BE BACK WITH MIRE INFORMATION IN A HOUR."

I felt like my whole world just broke into a million pieces. What if i just listened to her? This is all my fault. I storm out of the apartment and rush to the hospital crying my eyes out struggling to see.

A few minutes pass and i arrive at the hospital demanding to see Ezra. "Sorry family only, you can see her first thing in the morning," I slam my fist against the desk cursing in german and sit in the waiting room. I close my eyes and take deep breaths leaning my head against the wall and i fall asleep.

*ZACH'S POV*

When i pull up to my house Ezra's car isn't there but moms is. I walk into the house announcing i'm here but my mom is crying on the couch with the breaking news. That's when i see the picture of my sisters car.

"Mom, we have to go to the hospital," I tell but she's not listening so i run back out of the house with teary eyes praying my sister is okay

"Mom, we have to go to the hospital," I tell but she's not listening so i run back out of the house with teary eyes praying my sister is okay.  I speed to the hospital and make it, in the waiting room there's a pale boy asleep with black hair and a stained face from crying. I felt bad but i speed walk to the reception.

"I'm here to see Ezra Hawthorne, i'm her brother Zach Hawthorne," she asks for proof so i show her my ID in my wallet and she tells me she's in surgery so i'll have to wait. Surgery? Fuck.

I sit down opposite the pale boy and twiddle my thumbs. Ezra's strong she'll live but the word surgery worries me. The boy is looking at me and we lock eyes. "Did you say Ezra?" his voice is weak and shakey. "Yeah, why you know her?" i say confusion clear in my voice. He smiles and says "You could say that," he looks down at his hands and mumbles "It's all my fault.."

"What? What's all your fault?" now my voice was shakey. What did he do?
"If i just listened.. she wouldn't be here. She would be fine," tears start falling from his eyes again and i feel my face do the same. "I'm sorry this happened to your sister, she doesn't deserve it."

(time skip)

I found out his name is Bill and he is, or was, my sisters boyfriend. "Zach Hawthorne?" I stand up and follow the nurse saying bye to Bill. "I'll tell you how she is," and he nods when i leave.

She's laying there in the hospital bed, her eyes closed, stitches run along her cheek and a line of them down her eye. I sat next to the bed on a chair and held her hand. "She's gonna make it," a nurse says and i smile at her thanking her.

I kiss her hand and hold it against my cheek, it's cold. The monitor beeps slowly and her fingers twitch. "Ezzy?" and her eyelids flutter open. "Zach?" her voice is so weak but it's good to hear her.

"You're gonna be okay, you're fine." she smiled weakly and turns her head to me more.
"Is Bill okay?" I laugh at her words.
"He's fine, he's in the waiting room right now he told me everything." i say and she smiles even more closing her eyes whispering "I'm tired."

(time skip)

*BILL'S POV*

I woke up and the nurse told me im allowed to see Ezra so i follow her to the room. She's laying there on the bed, Zach next to her holding her weak hands. Slowly, i walk over to the bed and sit the other side of her.

"I hate seeing her like this," Zach says his voice cracking and i nod. I kiss her on the lips and hold her hand.

"Goodbye Ezra," i kiss her hand and stand up. "Goodbye Zach, we're leaving for Germany in 3 days tell her i love her." i look and Zach then back at her. I turn around and walk out of the room leaving Zach there speechless.

I get in my car and drive back to the apartment getting ready to pack my suitcase.

*EZRA'S POV*

I feel soft lips against mine but i can't wake up, i hear a faint "Goodbye Ezra," after something kisses my hand then a "Goodbye Zach, we're leaving for Germany in 3 days tell her i love her" then footsteps and a door open and close.

I try so hard to open my eyes but i just get dragged back into a sleep, in and out of it. Crying is next to me and i force my eyes open, Zach was there crying into my hand and telling me it'll be okay.

"He's gone, isn't he?" and Zach shoots his head up when he hears my voice and starts crying and nodding. His beautiful brown eyes the same as mine all teary and sad. "I love you Zach," he chuckles into his cry and nods
"I love you too Ezra." And a tear falls down my cheek.

A/N'S:
exactly 1000 words again (not including author notes x)
i love writing this story and i'll probably finish this one before my other ones.
love you all 🫶🫶