Chapter 2: Aziz's morning lessons

As before the sun even rose on Pride Rock, an enthusic young lioness cub was watching knowing what her father has promised her. 

The lesson that has passed down through generations before her. She couldn't handle her excitement as she rushes through the cave to awaken her father before the sun even rose. 

"Papa, com'on please we got to go, wake up!" Aziz said, as that she saw her parents were still asleep, sleeping next to each other. 

She was annoyed that they were asleep, as that she tries desperately, "Papa. Papa, papa!" 

Sarabi chuckles on how her daughter was excited to spend time with her husband, as she said, "Scar, I believe someone is already awaken up and has summoned your presence. Your daughter awaits you." 

"Aziz, it's way too early to have breakfast..." Scar mumbles in his sleep, as the young princess rolls her eyes as she headbuts him to wake up, looking pretty upset and said, "You promised!" 

The king looked at her, as that he didn't want to hurt her emotions any longer, he said, "All right, all right, Aziz you win. I'm up now." 

She was excited as she exclaims, "Yes! This is going to fun!" 

As the family went outside of the cave, Aziz muzzles her mother, as Sarabi said, "You better pay close attention to your father's lessons, sweetie." 

Aziz reassures her mother, "I will, Mother. Papa and I will be together and I will pay close attention. " 

Scar and Aziz went in top of Pride Rock, as the sun was rising as Aziz was astonished by the sight. 

Scar begins his lesson: "Aziz, this lesson is passed down in my family. Your standing on Pride Rock, and everything you see, where the sun shine on, is our beloved kingdom, the Pridelands." 

Aziz said, "Wow." 

"I know it's incredible sight to behold, my daughter, as that this kingdom will be yours to regin one day as the future queen." 

"So, this entire kingdom... the Pridelands will be mine to rule? That is awesome!" Aziz exclaimed, looking at the horizons. 

But there was one land wasn't shining as she asked, "Papa, if everything is shone on the Pridelands, what about that land?"

The king look at her curiousty as the black lion exclaimed, "That is beyond our borders, we are never going there. It's far too dangerous for us to explore." 

Aziz said, being curious, "I thought we could, I mean isn't supposed to be the queen's job to seek out new lands?"

"Awe, being a royal isn't something you take so lightly." The king replies, as Aziz follows his lead, "You mean there is more responsiblies in the Pridelands?"

The king smiled at his daughter's interest, as he said in a teasing tone, "Maybe." 

As the father and daughter continue walking far from Pride Rock, "As you see, everything has a delicate balance. To understand that, Aziz, it goes from the ants to the leaping antelope." 

The young lioness was confused, as that she knew the pride eat the antelopes, as she points out, "Wait a second. Papa, I thought that we eat them not to respect them." 

The king replied, "I know we do, but let me explain this simply as I can. When we die, our bodies becomes the grass, and they eat the grass. 

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life, wither you at least expected or not." 

Aziz was silent as she was trying to absorb the lesson that he has taught her. 

Just as that the father and daughter was sitting silently, a familiar bird decided to join them. 

"Morning, Scar, Aziz." Zazu greeted them, as the cub greets him, "Morning, Zazu." 

"Sir, I want to give you the morning report." 

"Sure, fire away. " He replied. 

Zazu: "Chimps are going ape, Giraffes remain it above all, 

Elephants remember though just what, I can't recall." 

Aziz was amazed but getting bored, as she spots a cricket and tries to pounce. 

"Crocodiles are snapping up fresh offers from the banks, showed interest, but say, "No thanks," 

We haven't paid the hornbills and the vultures have a hunch. Not everyone will be back from lunch. 

This is the morning report. Gives you long and the short. It's every grunt, roar and snort. Not a "Tale" i distort. 

On the morning report!" 

Aziz tries to pounce as Scar watches her, being curious, "What you been doing, sweetie?"

"Oh, i'm trying to pounce. I figured it is best for a queen to do." 

"Oh, let a pro show you how it's done." He insisted. 

"Oh, the buffalo have a beef about the seasons' grass," 

Scar instructs her, "Stay low to the ground." 

Aziz was chuckling, "Ok, stay low. Got it." 

"Don't make a sound. Take it slow, One more step.." 

Aziz successfully pounces on the royal advisor as he was surprised by it. Scar laughs at it as she was happy it work. 

Aziz: "This is the morning report! Gives you the long and the short! 

Every grunt, roar and snort! Not a "tale" i distort! 

This is the morning report!" 

Zazu was tossed across the grass as scar chuckled, "Aziz, I think you done a fantastic job. Sorry about that, Zazu, I couldn't resist." 

The royal advisor groans as a groundhog reporter came to tell him something important. "Sir, I have some news from the underground." 

The hornbill listens to him as Aziz walks to her father. 

"I think your mother would be proud of you doing your pouncing practice. I think you're ready for a hunting lesson from her." 

"Really?" Aziz said, happily but the royal advisor came with bad news. "Sir, there are reports that hyenas had been in the Pridelands!" 

Scar immediately takes action, "Zazu, take Aziz home straight away." 

Aziz was disappointed, "Papa, do you really have to send me home right away? Can I go with you to explore the lands?"

"Sorry, Aziz, but it's far too dangerous for you. Follow Zazu and do as you told." 

The young princess sighs, "He really needs to let me go explore at least a little. How can the Hyenas do what they wanted, but not me?"

"Awe, your highness, I'm sure that you will explore some of our lands when you're older. Once you're queen, you can chase those lazy bums out of our lands for good." 

Aziz sighs, as she wonders if she could so she can make her father proud of her someday.