Chapter 17: A heated argument

Kaku and Aziz was walking through the jungle, as they get adjusted of being reunited after such a long time. 

"Isn't this a great place, Kaku? I still can't believe that i get to live here." Aziz ask, as the male lion looks around, as he nods at the lioness. 

"Yes. It is very beautiful, as you are, Aziz. But can I ask you something? If you been here, living in the jungle, why would you come back home to Pride Rock?"

"Well, I haven't really thought about it, I kind of needed a place for me to relax, and Timon and Pumbaa helped me out." 

"But Aziz, we needed you at home. " 

"C'mon, Mufusa is the ruler of the Pridelands, not me." Aziz said, as Kaku sighs, "Aziz, things at home are different from we remember. 

He let a group of lions led by a lioness named Zira rule the lands along with the Hyenas with her." 

"What?" Aziz asked, as Kaku continued, "Everything in the Circle of life is shifted out of balance. There is no food or water. Our pride is suffering every day. Zuko and I been hunting every day since then." 

"Kaku, I simply can't . I can't go back. It's impossible for me." She said, as Kaku said, "C'mon, please, Aziz, you are the true heir to the throne! You have to fill in the responsibility that Scar had left for you. " 

Aziz said, "Sorry, I can't." 

Kaku looks concerned, "Aziz, this isn't the real you. I know deep down inside that you know i'm right. You can't hide in the jungle forever." 

She snapped, "Maybe I would! Kaku, you don't know how much the day i went into that stampede effected me! You don't what I had to deal with!" 

"I would, if you will be willing to talk to me!" 

"No way, forget it!" 

"Ok, I will!" He huffed, as the lioness went away. 

The lioness sighs, as that she walks in dismay, "He's wrong. I can't simply go back like nothing's happened. 

Zuko grew up without me, I bet he resents me. I can't change the past." 

She looks at the nightly stars, "You said to me a long time ago that you would always be there for me! 

But you're not. It's all because i failed you. It's all my fault that the stampede happened. You would been here." 

She has no idea that someone was watching her, and knew it was time for her to set things right for the circle of life.