Chapter 10: The Gorge Stampede

The next morning, Aziz was playing with Kaku and Zuko. Her parents were away, as she has the opportunity to spend time with her little brother more frequently. 

Kaku said, "I am still surprised at this. " 

"What you mean? That I'm a big sister?" Aziz asked as she gives her little brother a piggyback ride on her shoulders. 

Kaku said, concurring, "It's just that having two heirs of the throne, it must've been quite a shock for you. 

Man, my mother was absolutely furious when Zazu told her about our little adventure to the Elephant Graveyard. 

I never seen her be that mad, ever." 

Aziz said, nervously, "Moms are scary when things like that happen, no doubt about that... " 

As the cubs were socialize with each other, Mufusa came toward the little group. "Aziz, I thought that you were with your parents today." 

"Dad's on a morning patrol with Zazu and Mother is hunting for our pride's dinner. What's going on, uncle Muffy?"

The lion said, "Well, I wanted to show you a special place, your father and I went there when we were your age, so I think it's time you should see for yourself." 

"A special place? Really?!? Um, if you say so. Kaku, do you mind taking care of Zuko on your own? I know it's a big responsibility-" 

Kaku reassures her, "Aziz, I really don't mind at all. Besides, having Zuko around, I wouldn't be lonely. I'll make sure I'll guard him with my life." 

Hearing how much Kaku adores her little brother, she was relief as she said, "All right, I leave you with that . Make sure of it. See ya, Kaku." 

So, Aziz went with her uncle, as that she was totally unaware the dangers that approach her. 

They arrived a huge gorge where the wildebeest resides. "This gorge is where your father roars for the first time. It was a memory he never forget." 

"This gorge echoes through those roars? Uncle Muffy, do you think I can be able to do it?"

"I don't see why not. Surely, you can despite what type of roar you shown to those hyenas." Muffy said, as Aziz was surprise that word has spread about her trouble attic. 

"So, you heard about it, that I went to the Elephant Graveyard, I assume?" She asked, as Mufusa nods, "Of course. It was the talk of the pride. I know that Zuko would hear about it someday. 

He'll be the leader of the Lion Guard after all." 

Aziz asked, "What's the Lion Guard?"

"Rafiki would tell you that someday. He is the wisest animal there is. I have to go get your father. You might want to work on the little roar of yours." 

"Oh, I guess I can improve on it. Hey, do you think I will like this surprise?"

"Aziz, it's to die for." 

She waited on the rock as he leaves, to the top of the cliff where the herd was eating their grass. Banzi's stomach growls as he was embarrassed of how loud it was. 

Shenzi said, "Do you keep that down? It's really annoying." 

"I'm sorry, I can't help myself. I got to have a wildebeast!" 

"Stay put. We have to wait for a signal from Mufusa." 

The lion was there as to signal them to scare the herd. "All right. Let's go through with this." 

Meanwhile, Aziz was bored, but was annoyed by her uncle's words. "Little roar. Geez, I'm not a little kid. Why does he say that?"

She notices a little chameleon walking pass her, as she said, "Roar. Roar. ROAR!"

Her improved roar was echoed through the gorge as she was happy about it, but the feeling changed as she notices the rocks were moving. 

She looks up, to see the herds running towards her! She gasps at the sight, as she knew that she had to run as fast she could. 

Shenzi and the other hyenas continued scaring them as they watch the helpless princess run for her life. 

In that moment, Zazu and Scar was on the area, as the hornbill exclaimed, "Oh, look, sir, the herd is on the move." 

"Now, why would they?"

Mufusa said, "Scar! There's a wilderbeast stampede in the Gorge! Aziz was playing there when it happened! I don't know what to do!" 

"Aziz?!? Zazu, fly ahead and find her!" 

Aziz run as she can as she spots a tree and climbed on. She was terrified as she hold on the unstable tree with the wild wildebeest runs her by. 

Zazu continues looking but he was scared and terrified of the princess' situation. 

"Zazu, it's you! Please, help me! I don't know how long this tree could hold!" 

"Don't worry, sweetie, your father is coming. Just hang onto that tree as best you can!" 

Scar and Mufusa looked around in search of the princess as Zazu informed them, "She's on the tree!" 

"Hang on, Aziz, I'm coming!" 

A wilderbeast hits the unstable tree, as Aziz yelled, "Papa, help!" 

The worrisome king ran towards the herd, as Zazu said, "Oh, Muffy, this is dreadful! What we do? What we do?!? 

Oh, I can go for help!" 

But Muffy was annoyed by him, and smack him. 

As that moment, Aziz was trying her best to hold on, as the king watches the tree snaps as he caught her and brought her to safety. 

As the father and daughter looked at each other, he was dragged by the wildebeest as Aziz cried, "Papa!" 

The cub look at the smoke around her, as she was concerned by her father was, as she hears a roar coming from it, as that she was relived as she sees him climbing on a rocky hill. 

She immediately climbs up as she was unaware of what would change her life forever. 

Scar made it to the top, as Mufusa looks at him with a hatred passion. 

"Mufusa! Please brother, help me!" 

The prince said, "Brother? Scar, you were never my brother to begin with. Mother and Asahi shouldn't have you as a son." 

He pinned Scar's paws as he roars in pain. His eyes were full in shock, disbelief that he was betrayed by his own half-brother. 

He leans towards the helpless king, as he said, "Long live the king." 

He pushed the king off the cliff, as he screams, "Ahh!" 

Aziz saw the horrible tragedy as she exclaims, "No!" 

The princess quickly runs to find her father as she can as the dust was cleared.