Chapter 8: The Great Kings and Queens lesson

Scar was waiting for his daughter's arrival. "Aziz!" The young princess was terrified as she walks toward him. 

As terrified of his anger, she sat next to him, as that he was very disappointed by her actions earlier. 

"Aziz, i'm very disappointed in you. You are really a troublesome girl. " 

"I know, papa. I am truly sorry." She apologized but the king was still strict, "You could've put your entire pride in massive trouble in the future. As queen, you should've understood that, and not put you or Kaku in trouble like that." 

She said, crying, "But you... you were so brave, unlike I was back there. You weren't afraid of anything or anyone." 

He knelt down to his daughter and comforted her, "Aziz, being brave, is something that every cub or lion can face. Even in their deepest fears. 

I was scared today, you know." 

"Really? Are you being honest with me?" She asked, as he chuckled, "Do I ever lie? I thought I would lose my precious princess." 

"Oh. I guess there are things that can be scared of, isn't there?" 

"Yeah, there is, my sweet daughter. More than you can ever imagined." 

Aziz smirked, "But I think that those hyenas got scared the moment that you showed up." 

Scar smiled at the remark, as he replied, "C'mon, Aziz, nobody messed with your dad, I'm the king of Pridelands after all. " 

They played tag to make up, as that Aziz was happy to spend some quiet and quality time with her father, knowing how much pressure that he was in. 

"Papa, can I ask you a question? We're best friends aren't we?"

"Yes, of course we are." 

"Then, we can always be together, no matter what happens?" 

The king sighs, "Aziz, things can be something unexpected. I want to listen to me. It's a lesson that was passed down to me from your grandmother. 

Look at the stars, the great Kings and Queens of the past, look down on us from those very stars." 

"Wow, I never knew that." The young princess said, being amazed. 

"Yes, so whenever you feel alone, there will be someone there to guide you as so will i.

Now, come on, your mother and I have a surprise for you. It's a beautiful surprise." 

"Really, please tell me." 

"We'll show you, just be patient, young one." 

As they went inside the pride cave, the young princess said, "Mother, papa told me that you have a surprise for me. What is it?"

"Easy. Come here and meet your younger brother, Zuko." 

Aziz was surprised , as she asked, "If there is a prince, shouldn't the youngest be the heir to the throne too?"

"Your brother will have an important role in the Circle of life. He's not old enough yet." 

She said, licking her newborn brother, "Zuko, I promise that I'll be by your side, as your big sister." 

The proud parents looked so happy as they watched them being so good terms. 

"Scar, I am proud of her. Aziz will be a great sister." Sarabi said. 

He nods as that he couldn't think better than he deserves.