CH - 1 The Horrid Start

It was all fun and games ...... everything that was happening in this dream; I was looking bored, sitting somewhere until everything went dramatically downhill. There was a loud bang and suddenly all I heard was screams .... lots of them. However, something stuck to me. There was this one recognizable screech. It's just that I couldn't put my finger on whom it belonged to. I was heading for the same, but this time I heard a loud banging on the door and a familiar voice calling out to me; however, I recognized it immediately this time. It was my mother.

"Wake up, Ken. Your sister's already up and ready. What are you even doing?"

I heard her. I was damped in cold sweat. My brown hair was all twisted to chaos but, now is not the time to think because I heard familiar footsteps nearing my door. If mom removed the only dimensional difference and saw me lying in the bed, it would be the end of me.

"NO! Mom don't open the door; I am changing my clothes." I screamed back as she approached the door.

"Wait a second, weren't you supposed to take a shower first? God, don't you know how hot it is these days. Go and take a shower right now!"

"Mom I can't take a shower I am already late." My alarm had already been snoozed 4 times, but I could not tell THAT to my mother.

"God, just get out then it's already 7:25 you were supposed to leave at 7:15." My mother exclaimed as she entered the lounge.

"Oh my! You didn't even change your clothes and look at your hair, it's a mess. Wait, let me help you." Mom said as she began combing the knots out of my hair.

My sis was standing there intimidating me by looking repeatedly at her watch and then tapping her feet exuberantly to the ground. She surely has a strange persona; I mean WHO wakes up at 6:00 a.m. to get ready for a normal weekday and 6:30 at a weekend ...

"Wow, Ken last when I checked, five minutes earlier, you were in bed... good speed for sure." She exclaimed and smirked. Her hazel blue eyes sparkled, and her Brunette was tied to a clean braid.

I just gave her a death stare due to the inability to respond to her.

"Okay that's enough you two its 7:35 already you are supposed to reach school by 7:50." Mom said knocking some sense into our heads about the time.

"OH NO!" I practically shouted while jumping towards my closet and grabbing the topmost t-shirt and a pair of jeans from it and hurried to go to the washroom. When I looked in the mirror, I saw that the only part of me which looked a bit sophisticated was my hair because of my lovely mom. I washed my face and expeditiously brushed my teeth. When I finally thought I didn't look like an animal I wore my freshly ironed clothes. It was my favorite navy-blue shirt which contrasted with my green eyes perfectly. I was ready within minutes and if I always got ready, at this speed mom would really appreciate it.

"Let's go we're getting late." I said while exiting the washroom.

My sister just gave a sigh and started to follow me.

As I entered the kitchen, I noticed that mom's blue eyes were slightly glossy due to chopping onions. She was preparing sandwiches. I personally hate onions in my sandwiches; there are much better options than onion and that too with cucumber. The best sandwich in my opinion would be the chicken cheese sandwich with cheese dripping on its sides. Even the thought of it was watering my mouth. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a car horn indicating that our driver was waiting to take us to school.

I didn't even notice that while I was busy thinking my sister had already started to eat her sandwich.

"We have to go now!" I said while rushing towards the door.

"Stop, Ken!" My mother exclaimed. "Did you forget you have to eat your breakfast first?"

"Mom, I don't have time-." I was saying when I was abrupted by my sister as always.

"Actually, we are already late its 7:40 and there's no way we can reach school by 7:50, so even if you eat your breakfast peacefully there would be no change."

"No! We can reach school on time; I know a shortcut. So just get up so we can go." I said while giving her a frustrated look.

"Stop it! You do know that you both can take your sandwiches and eat them in the car, right?"

Our faces were blank. How did we not think about that? I mean I get an excuse for literally waking up right now but, I would be lying if I said that this was not what happened every day. Not this incident particularly but something similar. Mom always did this; she was like the middle child who solved the problems of the eldest and youngest sibling but knocking some sense into us along the way.

I took my sandwich from my mother though I could not see whether it was my favorite one or not as she had already wrapped it in foil. Guess she knew that I would not be able to eat it at home.

I waved her a bye while my sister gave her a hug like she usually did as she was kind of clingy to the people she cared about. Mom quickly wrapped her half-eaten sandwich and put some napkins in a bag for them.

We both sat in the car, she quickly started to eat her sandwich before it got cold which I doubted would get cold so soon because of the elevated temperature. I gave our driver the directions for the shortcut and was quite proud of myself when I saw in the GPS put by our driver that we would reach by 7:48 a.m.

I gave a sigh of relief and started to unwrap my sandwich; its sight looked quite appealing, so I took a bite. Unsurprisingly it was still hot but when I started to bring it away from my mouth, I saw the cheese stretching and forming small threads. It was my favorite sandwich! I enjoyed every bite of it. Usually, I would complain about it not being able to satisfy my craving. But this time it was enough for me, and I was quite satisfied.

Soon I started to see the tall buildings of our school.

It was going to be a wonderful day, I thought. I knew it was going to be great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note- Hey! This is our first story, hope you liked it. Please tell your opinions in the comments.