Ch- 9 Cleaning The Mess

"Hello, this is Ken Williams speaking." I tried as I controlled the shaking of my voice.

"Ken Williams. Mr. Williams, Are you fine? We are departing a team to your rescue." The operator responded frantically. Mr. Sarcasm looked at me when he listened to the operator. He predicted that and he was proud of that. "Where are you sending the team? The school?" I asked them as Mr. Sarcasm looked at me with questioning and judgmental eyes. 

"Yes.... Is anything wrong?" The operator was self-conscious now as he asked. 

"Okay, so long story short.... The school has been released. They are going to an abandoned house, and we are in the trunk of a car, can you help us?" I said as I completed it in a sentence in one breath and trying to sound scared and confused. I looked at Mr. Sarcasm while he sat there eyeing me like a vulture. "Are you okay, Kath? I know it hurts but don't you worry, I am getting help!" I continued after a pause as if I was really talking to Kath off the phone. My voice was evidently shaking which just added the special effects. Mr. Sarcasm was listening carefully and trying to comprehend. 

"Do you know where you are? Maybe a relative location?" The operator tried to get the information. 

"I remember being forced in this trunk when we were on highway 13. I was able to sneak this phone when we were leaving, I don't know anything else. Please save us." I said as I was all trembling, almost begging on the phone in distress. Tears rolled down my eyes. I couldn't distinguish if they were staged or real. I was letting out all my frustration in this act. But I was still trying to not make too loud noises, or our act would've been disclosed. This made the operator suddenly react, 

"Ok kids, calm down. We are going to barricade the routes to leave the city and every action possible even if it takes all of our force." The operator said trying to console me. 

"But all I can tell you is I noticed that we didn't take any turns for quite a while." I whispered on the phone. 

"Okay, that's helpful anything else you can tell me?" Mr. Sarcasm signaled me to drop the act.

 "What was that?" I acted surprised over the phone "Oh no, it stopped. The car stopped." I said with a bland tone. "Please save us, I have to end the call." I said as I hung up the call without a response.

I hung up as I took a long breath. I could already feel the regret of helping a criminal. I could see the anxiety creeping in as I sat there taking deep breaths. Mr. Sarcasm took the phone out of my grasp. "I knew I could count on you!" Said Mr. Sarcasm as he stood up.

"Don't you dare compliment me as if I am your accomplice!" I said as I exhaled sharply.

"Oh, but you are. You helped me in misleading the police, didn't you?" He said as he took the SIM card out of the phone. "Don't want to land you in trouble for lying to the police, do we?" He said as he chuckled and snapped the SIM card. "You have worked too hard to cut off all your escape routes. So passionately....... I appreciate it!" He said as he leaned to the side of the principal's table.

"Stop it! Mr. Sarcasm, you are a pathetic person, aren't you? I did not help you willingly and I genuinely think that the police will acknowledge that. You should know that you are in power until father comes." I said as I was too disturbed by his power and the way he tried to put the guilt on me.

"Okay, so Ken right here thinks his lovely daddy will save him from me! YOU think he can save you." He scoffed as he neared me. "You can try all you like when he comes, hmm?" He said as he pointed the gun under my chin and dug it in my skin to push my face to the side. I just took a sharp sigh as I could do nothing but hope what I said turns out true. Mr. Sarcasm stood up from there as he returned to his former position, leaning to the side of the table.