Ch-16 The Reunion Of 'Old Pals'

"I hope that's enough time for your slow brains to process the ever-so-simple thing." He said as he stood up after a minute. I was still connecting the pieces of the involvement of Kath in this, but I couldn't possibly tell him that! He neared Kath as he stood in front of her while she didn't look at him, accepting the consequences but not fearing them. "But the question and the reason behind narrating this story is, why did you fucking lie about your name?" He said as he bent to come to her level to force her to look him in the eyes. She didn't answer. Mr. Sarcasm turned to Ken and walked slowly towards him after shrugging his shoulder to gesture his acceptance in her silence. "AND you. Why did you lie to me? You were the one who told me her name!" He said as he stood between me and Ken, waiting for an answer. Ken was still looking shocked and didn't dare speak a word. Kath seemed to notice that as well.

"Okay, if that's what'll shut you up for a goddamn minute!" Kath said as she screamed, annoyed at this pathetic interrogation. "Dad told us about you coming behind us for someone named that, and the small chance that you might cause us some trouble so we should be prepared at all times. Though, we didn't know that this case was that serious. We never asked for the details. But he did give us that name." Kath started but was suddenly interrupted.

"WHAT!! A SMALL chance!?What do you think was gonna happen, was I supposed to welcome you all with garlands?" Mr. Sarcasm scoffed.

"You were a very polite man Henry I didn't expect you'd turn out like tha-"

"Yeah, OF COURSE I was! If only, you weren't that ignorant and didn't blame YOUR sins on someone," he said as he indicated Kath to continue.

"Well over time I forgot her first name and just remembered her middle name as our names were alike and we had the name last name too-" She was interrupted yet again.

"Sorry to interrupt Kath but I just wanted to ask, Mr. Anderson, why did you change your last name to Williams? I mean it was her last name too. This just came to my mind when Kath said it." I said unable to resist the temptation to ask him this question and I saw the curiosity of Mr. Sarcasm too as he turned to Mr. Anderson for an answer.

"I can answer that for you Dan, you see our mother's last name is Williams, so dad decided to change it to hers. It's not a rare surname anyway." Ken said

"Okay, Will you two idiots stop interrupting I have to listen?" Mr. Sarcasm said.

"Umm yeah so basically when Ken woke up in the principal's office, I told him to call me Katherine, he was confused but he did what I said. I knew that you had a soft spot for a person with that name though I didn't remember who it was or if that matter. I just thought that you wouldn't hurt me if I said my name was 'Katherine'. It was not a problem to use it too as everybody in the school called me Kath so-"

"So, even your nickname went pretty well with her name. You decided to PLAY with my feelings!" Mr. Sarcasm shouted at her while everybody remained silent. There was silence for a moment when she spoke up again.

"I was just scared! When I saw Ken beaten up like that, I thought you would do the same to me, so I had no choice but to lie and I don't need to justify what I did anyway you are the one who has kidnapped us."

"Kath would you like to repeat what you just said?" Mr. Anderson asked if he had just realized something.

I was still astonished by the coincidence on which all of this had been based off, the match between the middle name and the nickname of Katlyn. It was an opportunity waiting to be used.

"I said that I maybe, with no bad intentions, lied to our kidnapper: which technically is saving my life in my book." Kath said hesitantly while providing a justification to her father.