Ch-18 The Escape Facade

It had been some time that went by. Some long but cramped up moments that couldn't help us in understanding whatever we had just learnt. Mr. Roy as a murderer and our dad......as an alibi. It was getting difficult by the second that passed, and the tension was visibly outgrown as I could see how passionate Henry was to avenge whatever he narrated.

"Now, I need to clarify something." Henry said. "As far as I know and I'm concerned, the police have a search with all precautions to find you Andersons. Such would've been happening for Danny." Henry said, taking a pause to build suspense. "So, I have arrangements to make and things to get into your heads." He said as he walked to the minion over my head to explain to him what to do. He rushed out the door and Henry resumed. "Is there a working T.V. here?" Henry asked Mr. Nightshades as he nodded in affirmative, confused by the motto. "Great, turn it on then!" Henry asked him. Mr. Nightshades went to turn on the television in the lounge and boosted the volume as the news blasted. "Now, Kyle will drive Ken and Kath back home with a bag of cash in his personal car through the highway." Henry said. I couldn't believe my ears. We are free. I had visible joy on my face and so had Kath.

"You're letting us go?" Dad asked.

"Get back Roy. There are no knives or sharp objects in the house. I have got rid of them." Henry called out as a clank of something dropping was heard and Mr. Nightshades returned.

"Nah, I just need the police off my tail for a while. And I'm just shifting you to a bigger cage." Henry said as he went to look into the T.V. "Ah, See! This is exactly what I need to stop." He said as he indicated it to the news where an anchor was reporting our kidnapping and Dan's 'disappearance'. It was some news now.

"When you would hold a press conference and make a statement about how it was just a ransom and defaming kidnapping, it would get me off the hook." Henry continued.

"What do you mean by a bigger cage?" Kath asked him, scared.

"Nothing, just that I have some snipers on you all. A wrong statement from you...." he said as he imitated a gunshot. I couldn't believe him, and neither could Dad and Kath. "And you're going home to your guardian here after the conference to tell them that you are staying over with the Andersons as they are very disturbed." Henry looked at Dan who wasn't paying much attention.

"Hundreds of students and the staff witnessed what you asked. It sounded personal." I said recalling a memory before he drugged me. I wanted him to stop with this plan.

"Defamation." Dad replied as he understood it all. In disbelief as he was pressing against his forehead to support its weight. The minions untied the three of us as both Kath and I sprung up while Dan remained seated.

"You will carry a bag of cash which you were going to give me allegedly. But then, like the genius you are, you made me release your kids and then disappeared." Henry continued his thought process and narrated it to us.

"I literally shouted that I know who you are, Henry." I spoke.

"Yeah, and that you know Dad way personally." Kath joined me.

"I can be provided with such info. Besides, you assumed that it may be incorrect. There are your answers that you will give when and only when asked." Henry said. "Turn your phone on when you're on the way." Henry said as he handed Dad his phone.

"My pistol?" Dad said as he held me by my shoulders and Kath by her hand.

"Forget that you owned one." Henry said as he saw his minion emerge at the door. "Good."

"What about Dan?" I asked him.

"He will be here with us." Henry replied.

"Can't you let him just go?"