CH-8 The Roleplay

The principal's office has gone silent one more time. The hijacker's two minions had gone to the cafeteria while dragging Ece and Dan along with them. Only me, Kath and Mr. Sarcasm remained in the room. I was in distress while waiting for him to unfold his master plan. Mr. Sarcasm had quite a mood swing, suddenly he became terribly angry at absolutely nothing and now he was just staring blankly at a wall. It was as if he was thinking something. Suddenly he glanced in the middle of me and Kath as if deciding something. I knew that whatever he was thinking could not be good for anyone in the school.

"Okay, it's time to give some orders". He said spontaneously as ever to scare the hell out of two traumatized kids. He turned on the intercom again as the default tune rang in the school the third time, I knew anything happening from this point on would be anything but good for anyone except Mr. Sarcasm.

"All the people who would like to save their life are requested to gather in the cafeteria in the next 5 minutes. It will be bloodshot if the orders are not obeyed". He spoke over the intercom and looked at us while delivering the last line. I knew that look was yet another threat. What did he even want to do now? And then he turned off the intercom and gave a quick nod of approval to himself while trying to figure something out.

The silence was deadly to me at this point as it only meant more and more hazards. "Okay..." He said as if he were nervous when he approached Kath. I was looking at him with fright visible in my eyes. His unpredictable moves were scaring me more with every passing second. He pulled her in my direction to seat us both together as he sat on his knees himself.

"Will you stop dragging me around for a change?" Kath grunted as Mr. Sarcasm was uninterrupted.

"So now I will have to untie both of you morons.... BUT remember your beloved friend Dan and Ms. Orchids are still with me before making a move". He said in a melodious tone as he knew he had everything in control. "They are just a phone call away from havoc". He said while dangling his phone in front of us. He then struggled with his own knots while he untied Kath. I gave a feeble chuckle.

"Why Mr. Sarcasm where did all your strength go which you showcased while beating me?" I passed a comment fearing the consequences. Mr. Sarcasm gave me a death stare as if he were unable to say anything and finally untied Kath's hands. She quickly withdrew them out of his grip and started to rub her wrists as her skin was all red due to the tight knots, but he still didn't untie me.

"Thank god that I need you to be alive.... Oh, how I would have displayed my strength on you if I didn't!! " He replied to my comment as I just gulped in response. "And don't try heroic stuff, Ken. Remember the gravity of this situation". He said as he took out his gun out of his back pocket and stood up again to check out the cameras to see the power, he owned over the people he was dictating with his minions. He looked like he was satisfied with what he saw. He dialed up to his minions, "Yeah, now handle this while I take care of our special guests and make sure to keep on the kids, I sent with you with special treatment as well." he said as he hung up again not waiting for a response.

"Now what are you plotting Mr. Sarcasm?" I asked him desperately for a response.

"I really don't think that I am answerable to a wimp kid". He said as he knelt to his former position. "Sooo, let's play a little game, shall we?"

"Noo", said Kath while barking at him.

"You don't get much choice under a gunpoint, do you?" He replied with annoyance. "Now we are going to play pretend...... So, you will have to play different scenarios as accurately as possible". He continued. "Now, let's not beat around the bush. I know it's one of you that got the 'best actor award' this year...." He said bluntly. Why does he always make all accusations at our honesty so bluntly? I was frantically searching for the response as he had surprised me enough to forget everything I knew. "I knew this wasn't going to work, how can it? You are Williams and you don't have honesty in your soul". He scoffed as he threw his hands in the air as if asking God for a response. I really still didn't know what the hell he was talking about but, I was surely getting irritated by all of the accusations he made. "Let's play the 'daddy's princess's card, shall we? As you left me with no options." He said annoyed as taunting us with disgrace. Then he placed his gun at my tied-up wrist as he took his phone in his hand. I just got petrified by his sudden actions. "The rules are going to be simple for you dummies to understand. Ms. Williams is going to say in the most convincing tone to save her brother's already twisted wrist." Said Mr. Sarcasm as he instructed us sternly.