CH - 2 The Rejoice Of Friends

Our driver halted in front of our school. Ken got out first; I made sure to bid our driver farewell and walked speedily to catch him. Our school is a three Storey building with a separate ground floor for reception. It is a modern school. Our school ground also has mown grass and a huge sitting area for the parents to be the humble audience. Our parents never got to this seat to cheer Ken's football match.

We were approaching the school gates, when I noticed the paleness on his face as if he was.... confused.

"Why the long face today, huh?" I questioned him, though I didn't expect an answer. It is not like Ken if he responded on the first try. He started walking faster, trying to get away from me.

"Hey, you can't just do me like that ... OH, I get it you're upset because I snitched on you, isn't it?" I said as I neared him.

"What? NO... It's not that. I just---" he was cut off mid-sentence by a hand that landed on his shoulder. He was petrified for a second.

He quickly turned and was met with a pair of familiar brown eyes

"WHO IS I- Oh my god Dan!"

"Being extra cautious today, aren't we?" Dan smirked

Dan had been friends with Ken for as long as I remembered, that might be because I was two years younger than him. And I do not really remember much from when I was two or three years old.

"Yeah, next time when I see you, I'll just jumps care you along the way!" Ken said with raging eyes.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know you'd freak out." Dan said with a gentle smile on his face and started blinking his eyes slowly to make a cute face.

"Ok, ok I forgive you, stop with your puppy eyes now." he said, a bit irritated.

" Now let's head to the class, shall we? "Ken said while passing the tenth class on the ground floor and heading straight towards the staircase.

"Oh, Wow! So, you two are completely ignoring my existence now?" I said with frustration as Dan had cut Ken off mid-sentence when he was about to explain about his gloomy mood.

"Oh, didn't see you there Ms. Early bird, why with the late comers? "Dan said with a sarcastic look

"Oh, maybe because a certain someone didn't wake up at time today." I followed with a sarcastic tone while trying to catch up with Ken's pace which had suddenly become a lot faster than it was before.

Dan looked at Ken and laughed hysterically.

"What is even there to laugh about, huh?" Ken said irritated.

"Ok dude, chill out...why're you so angry today?" Dan asked, as they began to walk towards the school building.

"He was about to tell me until a certain someone decided to cut him off. "I said with frustration. "And I have a name if you remember?"

"Oh, you did? Doesn't matter I like this nickname better anyway." Dan replied instantaneously.

Dan always called me that, and I liked it at first, but I liked my name better, as it has such a nice ring. I mean a name as beautiful as-, my thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Ken which made me almost flinch.

"Stop fighting, let's just go to our class. On which floor was it, again? "He asked with a serious tone silencing both of us, it was rare of Ken to get angry at them. Something was definitely wrong, I thought.

"Well, first we have to go to the lockers to get our books, which is on the ground floor, remember?"

"Yeah, right. Let's go." Ken said, getting back to his usual tone. Suddenly his forehead started to form wrinkles and he started to look frustrated.