CH - 7 The Master-Plan

The plan was risky, I thought as we proceeded to the staircase to make our way towards the assembly hall, to the first floor though, we sneaked because we were not planning to grab the attention in the security cameras. Ece was immersed in her thoughts, but one thing was that she was still walking in a straight line and maintaining a posture while she held a blank stare. Once we provided a good distraction, we would have to rush towards the principal's office while the hijackers would be busy. Her skill that she displayed in making an accurate plan logically was truly gifted.

When we reached the first floor, an idea struck me, we can do one thing which we decided when Kath came with me. Calling the police using the landlines. I rushed to the place where I remembered the landline was supposed to be. "Where are you going Dan? The hall is this way!" Ece said in a pressed down voice while indicating to her left by her finger.

I didn't have time to respond to her, we need to help Ken and Kath as soon as possible. I had reached it. I and my hopes shattered as I saw that the landline was missing a vital part. Its wire... But it was there in it when I and Kath came here... It wasn't that long before. I was horrified as I got to the conclusion that someone was roaming in the building, cutting all our escape routes. "Shit...." I said in reflex to what I thought. Ece had just arrived there, and she asked, "Are you mad? We are on a mission, remember?" she said suddenly, raising her voice. It reverberated in the corridor. I suddenly heard footsteps as if they were approaching us.

" Your friends are in trouble and here you-". Ece was shouting as I realized that one of the hijackers was nearing us because of the noises we made. I had to make a quick move to save us. So, I put a hand over her mouth and put a finger over my lips indicating her to be silent. "They are here" I whispered as I thought of it to be a valid explanation and removed my hand from her mouth. She understood the explanation as she stood there quietly. The footsteps were getting louder. We needed to hide, sure we needed to distract the hijackers but this way we would be caught and be just another set of hostages. I suddenly noticed the Janitor's closet besides us. It was shorter than my height, but it will have to do. It was jarred open as well...great luck or the janitor decided to flee when the hijackers arrived. I took Ece by her hand to push her into it. Her height was perfect for it when I bent to fit in and slowly closed the door behind us. She still had a confused look but didn't make a sound. A moment later, a set of footsteps crossed us as Ece began hyperventilating and began to cover her mouth to stop the breathing sounds. The person just passed without stopping. We stayed in for a few more seconds and decided to come out after we thought that that person was gone.

"What...They are in the building now?" Ece said as she jumped out of the closet". We need to be extra cautious".

"Yep, and that's the reason that we should hurry. They have cut off all the lines of communication. They can catch us really quickly if we don't head there now." I said as I lowered my voice and proceeded to the halls again.

We reached the assembly hall. The assembly seemed a bit dark and as if it knew what was going to happen and it didn't seem to be in our favor. I took a deep breath as I looked around- the stage was preoccupied with mic stands and wires to all the microphones. The stage had a drum set. The room was all empty, it would have been more terrifying if we stumbled upon someone. The chairs were neatly arranged. Though we were on the mission, we decided to carry on.

"We have to open the exit first so that we can escape in a second, don't we?". Ece said as she approached the doorway which led to the passageway to the principal's office. She stood in front of one of the four house flags hung there, the violet one coinciding with her house, and then she lifted it to discover a slit in which she put her finger to slide it open. It was quite loud as she opened it. She had a look of determination in her eyes. She believed in her masterplan.