Ch-3 The Envious Argument

We reached the second floor FINALLY after this long talk. I looked at my watch and it was still 8:05 o'clock. Our classes began at 8:15 so, we still had 10 minutes before our classes started.

Students were talking in the corridor while me and Dan stood near a wall. We had sometime time to kill so I began talking to him.

"Sometimes I really wonder how you like Economics, if I would have been in the economics class, I would have slept not even halfway through the class". I spoke.

"Yeah, considering that you didn't get a good sleep today I even doubt that you would be able to be able to stay awake in your English class". Dan said.

"Oh! Don't worry about that English is not boring so I think I'll get through the class without sleeping this time". I spoke.

"Let's head to the class then, you'll be late. Your class is literally at the end of the corridor while mine is less than 10 feet away." Dan says

"Oh shit, you're right!" Ken says.

"Ok then, I'll go to my class". Dan said.

"See ya after the class!" I exclaimed as I rushed towards the end of the corridor.

My teacher was already in the class. Mrs. Emma wasn't really my favorite because of the speed at which she taught us. She would literally finish a chapter in two days or sometimes even one day but, that was for poems. I didn't really have a hard time because I started to get used to her speed soon enough. Many other students disliked her because of that, as they couldn't understand her properly. But that was not the bad part. I didn't like her because after the chapter was finished all the question-answers of that chapter were given to us as homework which really took a lot of time.

As soon as she saw me, she started to tap on her watch.

"You are 2 minutes late Mr. Ken Williams". She said slightly irritated. Dan was right, I really did get a bit late. I should have headed over to my class as soon as we reached the second floor.

"Sorry Ma'am I didn't notice the time". I said in a sincere tone. I was only 2 minutes late, so I was sure I'd get away this time.

"Whatever, just go and sit. Also, remember to be on time the next time". Ma'am said in a casual tone.

I just nodded and went to an empty seat which was the second last bench. As I opened the book, I noticed that I was sitting behind the principal's daughter. I somehow almost forgot that she also took English which was kind of obvious to be honest as Mrs. Orchid, our principal excelled in English. She was very fluent at it even after not being a native speaker.

Ece had Mrs. Orchid's blond hair and a pair of brown eyes which I assumed she got from her dad. Though her attitude wasn't the best. Like her name she acted as a queen because of her mother being the principal. She was one of the most popular girls in the school and she was quite proud of that.

The class went smoothly, and Mrs. Emma completed one more chapter. As soon as the class ended, I went towards the lockers like many other students. Dan had still not reached there but, to be fair, his class was a bit far away so I decided to wait for him as the next class would not start until the next 10 minutes and we both had to go to the same class anyway.

The next class was History and I loved it. I don't understand why many people don't like it. I mean I get that we have to remember a lot of dates but still, it is so fascinating. If you build an interest in it then the dates won't bother you, I thought when I saw Dan coming towards me with a smile.

"Guess you had fun in the economics class". I said with a smile.

"Of course, it's my second favorite subject". He said with a proud face.