Part 8: The Haulia Tribe

Screams echoed inside the Raisen Great Canyon.

The figures of desperate Rabbitmen fleeing to hide behind rocks could be seen. Looking around, Hajime could see 20 Rabbitmen hiding behind rocks. If combined with those still fleeing, there would be around 40 people.

In the sky, flying demonic beasts, that were rare even inside that hell, were glaring at the frightened Rabbitman tribe. The flying demonic beast's appearance was similar to what gamers would call a wyvern. Their wingspan was around 3-5 meters with sharp claws and fangs, equipped with a sharp thorn at the swelling end of their long tail, similar to mace.

"Hy-hyveria...." 

Over Hajime's shoulder, Shia's trembling voice could be heard. It seemed that those Wyvern-like creatures were called "Hyveria". There were six of them circling in the sky, waiting for a chance to catch the cowering Rabbitmen.

Hajime presses on an earpiece, "Keiji knock them out of the sky"  

"Roger!"

Hajime stops the bike looking up at the sky watching the comet stop in front of the Hyveria flock.

the monsters notice Keiji immediately rushing at him, Keiji doesn't even move as his eyes begin to glow blue with reptilian silts.

"Kneel"

Suddenly, the Hyveria halts in their tracks, overcome by primal fear. They lock eyes with the mighty beast that stands before them, and the creature's overwhelming aura becomes too much to bear. The Hyveria go into shock, causing them to plummet from the sky.

Shia looks up fearfully, "Hajime what did he just do,"

"I'll explain it later" Hajime began to pick off the falling Hyverias one by one with Donner and Schalg. 

At the same time, the whistling sound of an object falling caused the Rabbitmen to look up. Without any time to be surprised, the Rabbitmen saw one of the Hyverias dead, blood bursting from its head. The Hyverias tumbled to the ground, skidding across the earth, causing the Rabbitmen to collapse onto their knees from the collision.

"Wh-what is...." 

The man who tried to cover the child could only mutter simple words in confusion while looking at the incomprehensible scene that took place before him.

When he heard the unfamiliar sound of a distinct explosion, he could only see a flash pass by. Suddenly more Hyveria fell, causing the earth to tremor. When he finally came to after the miniature earthquake, it was dead already.

 However, in the distance, a voice could be heard, and they turned their eyes to the source. What they saw was a black vehicle traveling in their direction, with 3 figures riding it at high speed.

Of the three, one of them was someone they knew all too well. In the morning, she suddenly disappeared. She was the reason they were in this mess in the first place, as they went out to find her. The girl felt that it was her fault that the tribe is in the state they are now. She tried to conceal her feelings with outward cheerfulness, but her expression showed her inward anguish. Then, she suddenly disappears. So the Haulia tribe had no choice but to carefully search for the girl, even if the tribe would be annihilated before finding her.

That was the girl waving at them from the back of the black vehicle. Cheerfulness could be seen on her face. The Rabbitmen looked at her with disbelief.

"Everyone~, I have called for help~!"

When they heard her voice, they had no choice but to believe it was real.

"Shia?!" 

Hajime made an irritated expression while driving the magic bike at high speed. When Shia saw her family in the distance, she immediately stood up and started waving her hands wildly. Even though standing on the bike was fine, Shia had leaned her body onto Hajime, and with her lethal weapons bouncing up and down, they continuously hit his head. even though he was annoyed Hajime decided to show her a gesture of goodwill.