Part 18: Scumji...

The Black Dragon introduced herself as Tio Clarce, next, she talked about how the black-robed man was going to attack the town with an army of brainwashed demonic beasts. Their number had reached around 3,000 to 4,000. Also, from the second mountain range, the leaders of groups of demonic beasts were already brainwashed, so he could use the groups more efficiently as his subordinates.

When she said about controlling demonic beasts, it reminded Hajime and the others about the new power of the one called Demon Race in this world. Maybe because Aiko and the students also thought of that, they guessed the black-robed man was actually from the Demon race.

However, their guess was easily refuted by Tio. After all, the black-robed man was black-haired, black-eyed human, and still at the age of a boy. Moreover, from the mouth of the Black Dragon called Tio, who was made a subordinate to him came the settling words, "That person introduced himself as a hero," with a tone filled with a considerable grudge against the so-called hero.

A black-haired, black-eyed human boy, moreover he was someone with a genius-like talent for dark magic. With this many hints, a certain person came to their minds. Aiko and the students muttered, "That, can't be...," at the same time as they showed mixed and complex expressions. Though it didn't limited to pure black, they said they didn't want to believe it.

And, Hajime suddenly leaked a mutter, "Ooh, this is...," as he looked at the distance. If ones asked, having heard Tio's story, he seemed to have looked for the groups of demonic beasts and the black-robed man using the unmanned probes.

Following that, the unmanned probes finally discovered a certain place where the demonic beast army was. They numbered....

"That's, not at the level of 3,000 to 4,000, you know? It's at the level to which one more digit should be added."

"This'll be troublesome.."

Hajime looked at Keiji again with annoyance, "Again how did you not detect all that!"

"You said this mountain dumbass!"

Everyone opened their eyes wide after they heard Hajime's report. Moreover, the army had started their march. The direction was surely towards Ul town. As they were, they'd come out of the mountain in a half day, and they'd likely reached the town in a day.

"W-We must quickly inform the town—! Tell them to take shelter, called the rescue from Imperial capital,... ... then, then...."

Because it was a serious situation, Aiko desperately tried to arrange her words in confusion. No matter if the enemies were tens of thousands of demonic beasts, even with their cheat-like specs, the students carried a trauma. Aiko didn't have any combat experience, while Will, who was inspired to be an adventurer, and Tio who exhausted her magic power wouldn't even become an obstacle for the enemies. That's why, just as Aiko had said, they must quickly inform the town of the emergency, then it'd be best to run away until the rescue from the Imperial capital came.

And, among everyone who was shaken, Will suddenly muttered.

"Umm, if it's Hajime-dono something can be...."

With those words, everyone looked at Hajime. Their eyes were dyed in expectation of the possibility. Having stared at her like that, Hajime shook her hand gloomily and replied with a feeling of abandonment.

"Don't look at me with such eyes. Our work is only to take Will back to Fhuren. As if I will take the object of protection into a war. That's why you should stop that and immediately return to the town to report."

The students and Will could feel the antipathy from Hajime's unmotivated attitude. Among them, Aiko asked a question with an expression as if she remembered something.