Part 26: Scolding the Hero, Sensei Missing!?

"Shit! Shit! What's with this! What kind of joke is this!"

It was midnight. Inside a park located on the outskirts of the post town, Hol-ad, one boy was cursing in a hushed voice, punching one of the trees repeatedly. It was Hiyama Daisuke. Hiyama's eyes were shaking intensely in hatred, agitation, and impatience. Those were truly ugly and impure eyes, from which it was not an exaggeration to they were full of madness.

"As I thought, you really did lose your temper... well, I know it can't be helped though. After all, your precious, precious princess Kaori was snatched by another man before your eyes, right?"

A voice filled with scorn and slight sympathy rang out from behind such a Hiyama. Fwip, Hiyama immediately turned around. Next, he momentarily raised an expression of relief when he recognized the other person was the one he meeting in secret, and, following that, with his fists clenched, he replied with a voice that was just like a beast's howl.

"Shut up! Shit! This... This shouldn't have happened! Why, why is that bastard alive!? Just why did he did that..."

"Don't be distracted by yourself, I want to have a talk, you know? Also, it will become a serious matter if someone sees us meeting in secret."

"... I, I don't have anymore reasons to go along with you... my Kaori is already..."

In between the trees' shadows created by the moonlight was a person's silhouette, to whom Hiyama bitterly spoke as he pummeled his fists on the tree.

Hiyama cooperating with this person was only because he heard that he would be able to make Kaori his own. That's why, with Kaori leaving, he had lost his reason to cooperate, and it was too late to threaten him with exposing his attempt tkeijio kill  as the victim could have said it himself.

However, the person in the darkness smiled as its mouth turned curved into a crescent at such a Hiyama, and it once again tempted him just like the devil.

"If she is snatched then just snatch her back. Is it wrong? Fortunately, we have good bait here."

"...Bait?"

Not knowing what it meant, Hiyama dubiously tilted his head which made that person grinned and nodded.

"That's right, bait. Even if she puts priority on her feelings and parts from those comrades of hers... her best friends that were always by her side, her childhood friends... do you think she can just leave them be? Especially if she knows they are in a predicament."

"You..."

"It is easy to call her back. So, there's no need to be pessimistic about it. Especially in this case, even I got a chill... but I am glad that it resulted in something convenient for me. Yup, it could be said as a godsend. Shall we finish everything once we return to the Imperial Capital? Then... you will surely obtain what you desire, you know?"

"..."

Though knowing it was useless, Hiyama glared at his accomplice that stayed in the shadow. Even receiving his gaze, the person before Hiyama laughed normally.

Though he didn't know all of this person's plan, from their previous words, Hiyama could have guessed that it'd involve injuring the other classmates. For their own objective, they could easily betrayed their comrades, with whom they shared joy and sorrow with. Following that, a chill ran down in his spine as he couldn't feel any guilt from that person.

A nasty person as always... but, I also cannot back down anymore... I must do it to get my Kaori back... that's all. There's nothing to hesitate about. This is for Kaori. I am the justice here.

Hiyama only thought of himself and his confusion had already been disappeared. Because of his accomplice, he was made to look away from the thing he must see, believing that his action was justified, while it all stemmed from his desire for Kaori.