Part 22: Save Myuu

After receiving telepathy from Shia, Keiji, Hajime, and Yue rushed toward the informed location. Being sent to the auction, there was no need to worry about Myuu's life, but she must have quite a mental burden. Either way, they must rescue her quickly.

When they arrived at their destination, two huge men dressed in black were standing at the entrance. Thinking Myuu would be transported somewhere else if he made a commotion, Hajime moved to a back alley and used transmutation to infiltrate from the basement.

Accompanied by Yue and Keiji, they moved quickly while using sign interception. It was truly a shame that there was no cardboard. As long as they have it, there would be no need to use sign interception skills...

Before long, numerous cages could be seen deep inside the basement. The only person who guarded the entrance was sleeping. They passed by the guard and found around ten human children inside who were cowering from the cold stone floor. Nine out of ten of these children were to be auctioned today.

In truth, because most humans were believers in the Church of the Saints, it was forbidden to sell or turn humans into slaves. Even so, criminals in the human race could become trade goods. It was okay to sell or enslave those who betrayed God. However, the trembling children before their eyes couldn't have possibly fallen into such circumstances where they turned into criminals. To begin with, humans who turned into slaves with regular procedures would not be sent to an auction. As such, they have been captured and to be sold illegally.

Keiji went over to the cage and met the gazes of the children who were frightened by the silhouette that appeared all of a sudden. He then asked them in a calm voice.

"Was there a child from Sea-dweller tribe here?"

The frightened children must have thought it was their turn to be sold, so they looked at each other, puzzled by the unexpected question. Myuu's figure was not inside the cage, that's why Keiji asked the children. He wondered whether there was another jail or if she had already been taken out.

The children stayed silent for a while, but when Yue squatted down beside Keiji, looked at them with gentle eyes, and muttered, "... It's okay."

They looked slightly at ease, and one of boys with age of around seven to eight years old timidly answered Keiji's question.

"That's, the child from the Sea-dweller tribe was taken a while ago... Onii-sans, Onee-san, who are you?"

It was as he expected, she had already been taken out. Keiji's eyes flickered and answered the uneasy boy simply.

"We've come to rescue you."

"Eh!? You are going to rescue us!?"

Keiji's words made the boy inadvertently shout, and raised an astonished and joyed look. His voice resounded well inside the dim basement jail. Although the boy panicked and covered his mouth, the guard heard him, and shouted, "What's with the commotion!?" as he woke up and trotted into the basement jail.

Thus, he found Keiji's party and stiffened for a moment before shouting, "Who are you bastards!?," pulled a dagger and attacked them.

 The children screamed as they imagine visions of  Keiji, Hajime, and Yue collapsing after being stabbed

"Fire" Keiji casually said before an azure blade pierced the guard's heart pining him to a nearby wall. the guard died before realizing what happened.

"Scum."

Saying such a thing with a dead expression, Keiji who instantly killed the guard made the children pop-eyed in surprise. Without minding their gazes, Hajime used transmutation to disassemble the iron bars. In the children's eyes, they saw the iron bars disappear in an instant which made them stiffen, and their mouths were wide open with surprise.