Part 23: Return

Shia and Myuu clung to Bahamut with all their might with the help of some chains Keiji conjured the magnificent creature twisted and turned in the air. The exhilarating sensation elicited a joyful "Wooohooo" from the two thrill-seekers, their hearts pounding with excitement.

With Raisen Grand Canyon to their left, and a magnificent meadow to their right, the magic-driven four-wheeler and Bahamut advanced towards the west with the sun at their backs. Raising a cloud of dust on the highway as it advanced by the four-wheeler's side, Bahamut went back and forth between the barren ground and the meadow by the canyon side as it roared noisily, merrily even.

"They're in an extremely good mood,"

"... Hmm. I also want to try it."

In the four-wheeler's driver seat, Hajime muttered with an amazed expression with one hand steering the vehicle, while the elbow of his other hand was on the window frame. Just as Hajime said, Shia, Keiji, and Myuu were not riding on the four-wheeler. Keiji was currently Bahamut with the other two on his back doing stunts that demonstrated his aerial dexterity greatly.

Keiji then stops his stunts gliding next to Brise.

"I think I'm getting the hang of this."

Keiji's voice was projected from the beast, Hajime smiled a bit. 

"Keep up the good work man, you never know when we'll need it."

Keiji was about to say something when Myuu grabbed his horn.

"Papa Papa go faster!"

"R-Right!" Bahamut begins to speed up doing more tricks.

Tio bit her nails jealous at how much attention Shia got on the king's back.

"How come everyone else has ridden master but I?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hajime's party was currently at the Post Town, Holad.

Normally they would just pass through here, but because of a request from the head of the Fhuren branch Adventurer Guild, Ilwa, they must stop on their way here. Even so, it didn't take too much time as they passed here along their way to Guryuu-en Great Desert.

Keiji was currently throwing up in a barrel from dizziness.

Hajime patted Keiji's back while he hurled, "Noted you can get dizzy,"

"In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have listened to the child- Bleeeegghh!" 

After five solid minutes of puking Keiji finally finished Hajime pulled out a toothbrush and toothpaste and Keiji spent an extra three minutes cleaning his mouth, in total wasting their time by Eight minutes. 

Now back on schedule, they walked towards the Holad branch guild along the main street with a nostalgic gaze. Riding on Keiji's shoulders, Myuu noticed his state and used her small hand to tap on Keiji in curiosity.

"Papa? Did something happen?"

"Nn? Ah~, well, I've come here before... though it's only been four months, it feels like years to me..."

Keiji and Hajime were silent for a bit trading glances at each other as the nostalgia ran its course.

Yue grabbed Hajime's hand to reassure him.

Keiji felt a ghost-like hand touch his shoulder.

Will you be alright?

'Yeah, I figured I'll return eventually..better to face it now than later.'