Part 31: Ambush

Without any warning, the white beam suddenly shot down from the heavens.

The light attacked Hajime and Keiji with perfect timing; when they were about to finish the last  Serpent. Thus, they were swallowed by a destructive storm carrying fierce heat and impact.

"Ha-Hajimee!!!"

Yue's scream rang out. Slightly away from the two, Shia, and Tio could only watch them being swallowed by the beam absentmindedly, only to regain their senses when they heard Yue's sorrowful scream they never heard even once ever since they met.

Pouring down from right above Hajime and Keiji, the beam also swallowed the last Serpent and reached the stone floor, grandly blowing a hole and exposing the sea of magma from before, The beam kept piercing the sea of magma for a while when there was a sudden explosion of light as Bahamut emerged sustaining a lot of injuring that begin to heal rapidly.

Yue, who frantically jumped to where Bahamut was worried because she didn't see Hajime, she was glad to see Hajime in Bahamut's talons, even though he had become tattered. However, having crossed his arms to protect his chest and face although he was unconscious.

even though sustaining injures Hajime's weren't as bad as Bahamut's, but didn't matter because Bahamut was healing. 

Yue with a tearful expression looked at Bahamut's blue eyes, "Thank goodness...Thank you, Keiji.."

The dragon's eyes widen a bit in surprise but gave the Vampiress a nod in return.

 Tio and Shia arrived at Bahamut's side.

"Keiji-san are you alright?"

"Master, your injuries,"

"I'm fine If I fear what would've happened if I didn't transform. Make sure Hajime is alright I'll deal with the enemy." 

"Alone?!" Tio and Shia look at Keiji surprised.

"Don't worry about me."

And at that moment,

"Master above you!!"

Tio warned and at the same time, numerous flashes poured down. These were small versions of the beam. Each had the power and scale of a tenth of the previous beam, but each of light of death could cause serious harm to his body.

Bahamut uses [Aura Burst] and deflects all the beams into the walls before releasing his hold on Hajime allowing Yue to catch him.

Yue began Hajime's healing process by making Hajime drink two vials of holy water. 

There were numerous explosions from the barrages of light beams clashing with Bahamut's Azure Barrier every impact wore down his defenses.

Tio looked up at Bahamut who was holding up the blue sphere of defensive magic.

"At this rate, master won't last long he can't formulate a good counterattack."

"Keiji-san..."

After ten seconds or maybe one minute... the storm of beams that seemed to continue through for an eternity, poured down particularly intense, and the end finally could be seen. The surroundings were in miserable condition, and white smoke was rising here and there, and finally, Bahamat's barrier shattered.

And at the same time, a man's voice that was half-amazed and half-admiring descended from the sky.

"... A force that cannot be overlooked; indeed it was the right thing to ambush here. You are all too dangerous. Especially, that man and Bahamut..."

Keiji and the girls looked up towards the ceiling where the voice came from. Following that, their eyes opened wide in astonishment. As for the reason, several dragons and a pure white, gigantic dragon that couldn't be compared to the rest were flying that, and there was a red-haired, black-skinned, slightly pointed ear, a man from the Demon race on the white dragon's back.