Part 17: The King meets The Masochist

Daybreak.

With the waning moonlight, the eastern sky began to light up. Hajime, Yue, Keiji, and Shia, these four people completed their travel preparations, and soon they would leave the "Water Fairy Inn." In their hands were packaged riceballs that could be eaten as they move. Even though it was still early in the morning, no one wore unpleasant faces as Foss prepared their breakfast. It was just as expected of a high-class inn. Its management was admired even by Hajime and his party, as they thanked him without reserve once they received the breakfast.

Within the morning mist, Hajime and his party faced Ul's northern gate. There was a highway that stretched from this place to the northern mountain range area. It would take at least a full day by horse, but they would arrive in three to four hours using the magic-driven two-wheeler.

It was the fifth day since they had lost contact with Will Kudeta and his party, who had gone to investigate the northern mountain range area. Survival was hopeless. Hajime also thought Will and his party's odds of survival were low, but there was still a chance. Ilwa's image of Hajime would climb to a pinnacle if he brought him back alive, which was why he began searching as soon as possible. Fortunately, the weather was good. An ideal day to search for someone.

"You remember your role Keiji,"

"Yep scout from the air along with your drones"

 Hajime went over the Keiji's role then they heard sounds of activity beginning to resound inside the buildings, they advanced towards the northern gate, and could finally see the gate. He narrowed his eyes because he could sense signs of people near the northern gate. They didn't move or anything but only hung around the gate.

Keiji switched to Bahamut's eyes which saw through the morning mist only to see is was... ... Aiko and the six students.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me."

"... ... Although I can guess what you want, let me hear it anyway... ... What are you doing?"

Hajime and his party looked at Aiko and the students with half-opened eyes. For a moment, Aiko twitched from the pressure in the atmosphere, but she still faced Hajime and Keiji with a firm attitude. After having a discussion, the students; Sonobe Yuka, Sugawara Taeko, Miyazaki Nana, Tamai Atsushi, Aikawa Noboru, and Kawahara Akira, drew near Aiko.

"We are also going. You're searching for missing people, right? It's better to have more people."

"No. I am okay with you going. But, I refuse to go together."

"Wh-Why?"

"Simply because our pace is different. I don't want to match your slow speed."

If one were to look closely, one would notice that there were several horses readied behind Aiko and the others. For a moment they thought, "Was it because he cannot ride horses?", as they doubted Hajime. Since it was trivial, he just let it go through their heads. No matter whether he could ride it or not, its speed couldn't compare to the magic-driven two-wheeler, after all. However, the virtual leader of Ai-chan's royal guard who loved her; Sonobe Yuka, snapped at Hajime's objection. Apparently, she had forgotten her debt and intimidation from Hajime yesterday because of the strength of her love towards Ai-chan.

"Wait, how could you say that? Even if Nagumo doesn't think well of us, there's no need to involve Ai-chan sensei."

Because of the incredibly irrelevant objection, Hajime let out, "Haa?", with an amazed expression. Hajime thought it'd be a hassle to explain, so he silently took out the magic-driven two-wheeler from "Treasure Box".

Suddenly, a big bike appeared from the void, Aiko and the students could only let out stupefied looks.

"Do you understand now? Yesterday I said that I absolutely don't care about whatever you guys want to do. That's why there's no need to snarl at me. It's just like I said before, our speed is different."