Shot of lemonade

Iris POV:

"Can I sleep at Katy's tonight? Her mom said it was fine" Ava appears out of nowhere asking the question before I even have time to register her existence.
"If you want to then yes, I can walk you to her car" she groans rolling her eyes before stomping off in the direction of the parking lot.
"Don't embarrass me" she warns and I roll my eyes, she's almost as dramatic as Mal.

"I won't I just want to talk to her mom" I explain while following close behind her. It's easy to get lost in the crowds so I'm keeping her close.
"Fine come on" she speeds up heading toward a silver car that I recognise from the times I've dropped Ava off at Katy's or seen Katy being dropped off at our house.

"Hey Mrs Koza" I bend down to speak through the rolled down window.
"Hi Iris dear"
"Are you sure it's okay for Ava to sleep over?" She nods, her grey hair showcased in her tight bun hairstyle. "Of course she's a delight to have" Mrs Koza smiles warmly at me while I nod.

"Okay you have my number so text or call if there's any problems" after hearing her agreement i step away from the expensive vehicle and wave at Ava through the window as they drive away. My sister returns the gesture quickly and secretively to save herself the embarrassment of her best friend catching her but she does it never the less, which is all that matters to me.

Once I know Ava is safely gone I search for her twin, she's impossible to spot amongst the masses of students scurrying out of the bleachers so I opt to call her instead of just searching blindly. She answers her phone on the second ring and we agree to meet at the front doors of the school. I'm at the spot first but soon spot her blonde hair pulled up into a ponytail, swaying side to side, above the crowd.

"You ready to head home?" She nods, head dropped down as she fidgets with her fingers.
"What's wrong" my tone is sharp and concerned as her anxiousness becomes apparent.
"What? Nothing-"
"Then why are you all red and shy?" I step toward her my eyebrows furrowing as I look at her face.
"BecauseIhadmyfirstkiss" she spits out words that are unintelligible from how fast she says them.

"Okay I'm gonna need you to repeat that at a normal pace because that all came out as gibberish" she sighs biting her bottom lip.
"I...had...my first kiss" oh wow. I was not prepared for that my god I thought I had a few more years before this started.

"Don't freak out it was just a kiss" I press a hand to my heart looking at my little sister who is all grown up now. Where did the time go? I swear she was begging me to read her a bed time story only yesterday and now she's kissing? I think I might have a heart attack.

"But you're only a baby" I whisper out watching as she rolls her eyes, she certainly didn't do that when she was a younger.
"I'm 15"
"Yes, a child. Wait how old is this guy or girl? Because I will kick their ass to jail if they are unreasonably older, that's a promise" she shakes her head frantically as I squint my eyes. 

"He is the same age as me, he's in my year" that's a good job because I'd have no problem teaching him a lesson otherwise.
"Good. When can I meet him?" Her eyes widen.
"What? Never! he's not even my boyfriend"
"Well if he's a good kid it won't stay like that for long besides I'll meet him eventually so why not sooner rather than later?" She groans looking up to the sky.

"Fine but you have to promise not to embarrass or threaten him" she points at me warningly.
"Oh I'm threatening him alright, he needs to know that I stand for no bullshit" Gracie huffs pouting at me.
"You'll scare him off"
"I'm not that bad" even if I was at least we will know if he really cares for Gracie because if he does there's no way I could scare him off easily.

"Oh yes you are I think that's one of the only things me and Ava can agree on" she chuckles to herself. "You won't be laughing when I meet this guy of yours" I tease with a smile.
"Oh god I already feel bad for him" I chuckle turning back toward the field.
"You should. Now let's go, we've got to see Mal and Kim, in case they need a lift home" Gracie nods, hooking her arm through mine as we head toward my friends.