Babysitting/girls like us

Warning: descriptions of abuse

Iris:

We had to make a detour to Elias' house. My father was home and there was no way I'd take anyone one of them into that nightmare. Elias thought I was terrifying, wait until he meets the man who made me this way. Luckily, no one questioned it too much after I assured them with a reason that makes enough sense to be trusted.

It's been five hours since then and I've helped addy with her maths and science homework, painted with Diego and extracted everything I can about Luis' new friend from him. He's been reluctant to share but I've been persistent and once I wore him down he didn't shut up, it was amazing to listen to. Whoever this guy is, he's a smart one because Luis' fierce loyalty is not something you can find in many people nowadays. But it is an amazing trait to have.

"So you've found my replacement for lunch times?" I fake pout, watching him roll his eyes.
"Since you have no other friends I suppose I can sit with you" reaching forward I slap his arm playfully. "You'd be so lucky"
"Yeah I would and I'd also have to deal with that asshole so no thank you. You'll have to fend for yourself" he flicks his head in the direction of newbie who has paint all of himself because of a little guy that's giggling away at the mess he's making.

"I had to deal with you on my own and you're the biggest asshole in the entire state so I definitely do not feel sorry that you have to deal with newbie" Lu flicks my head with a scowl.
"I'm the second biggest asshole, you're the first"
"I am not an asshole"
"Oh so you're a liar too? How interesting" glaring at his smug face I huff. "I already feel bad for your new friend" I mumble, picking at my shoe laces when he chuckles.

"Too bad that you're stuck with me now, he might be able to escape but not you. Diego won't let you go anywhere" my face falls to a smile.
"You know I'm proud of you right?"
"Oh god don't get sappy on me now" he cringes, moving to stand up while I grin up at him.
"I can't help it I just love you so so much!" utter disgust shines across his face.
"I just threw up in my mouth"
"It's your heart starting to grow, mr grinch!"

"I change my mind you're the biggest weirdo not asshole" pushing myself up I stand on my feet before wrapping him up in a hug. Our height difference makes me struggle slightly but I force my arms around his tense shoulders.
"That's rule number one of being a family: love everyone, even the weirdos" careful hands move around me, creating a hug of some sort.

"It's a good job for you that, that the rule exists" he mutters and I chuckle lightly.
"It is indeed" he pulls away after a few seconds and I grin like the Cheshire Cat.
"You should invite Ollie for dinner or go out sometime, just let me know when and I'll babysit for you" a grateful nod and the smallest smile is his response before we move back inside.

"Addy, Diego, we need to get home now" Luis calls out and two heads pop up from within the living room. "Coming!" Addy yells back, packing her things away and saying goodbye to my sisters that arrived only an hour or so ago. I head over to my two boys that have made a royal mess.

"Rocket what happened?" My hands find my hips as I look down on the small boy who gives me the cheesiest, most innocent smile back.
"He's his brothers kid for sure" newbie gasps, sitting up with red and green paint smeared all over his face. "You look like a Christmas tree threw up on you" I tell him with a straight face as I gather Diego in my arms, taking him into the bathroom to clean him up.

"That is the last time I suggest painting to keep a four year old occupied" Elias announces, as he follows and proceeds to take up half of the sink while wiping his face clean.
"I did tell you it was a bad idea"
"You were right as usual"
"Sorry what was that I couldn't hear you over the running water" cupping my ear I lean toward Elias who shows a deeply unamused expression.
"I said, you were right"
"Again you're mumbling" I repeat, biting back a smirk from winding him up so easily.