Rehash the past/catfight

Trigger warning: Mention of rape

Iris:

"So are you excited for tomorrow?" Mal nudges Kim's shoulder making her smile bashfully.
"More terrifyingly nervous, I didn't sleep at all last night and I'm already feeling sick with anxiety. What if no one likes my painting?" Fear cripples her face.

"Oh please you overthink too much, you wouldn't of been invited if you weren't good enough" Mal assures, easily dismissing our friend's concerns though I can see that her eyes are still rippled with apprehension.

"And you know neither of us lie to comfort people so take our honest opinion which is you are fucking amazing" Kim smiles thankfully before her eyes widen and she slaps my arm.
"Don't swear in front of him" she points to Diego who sits idly on my lap, happily busy with one of his toys.

"Sorry rocket" I apologise, kissing his curly mop of hair which causes him to turn and bear me a toothy grin. "Where are his siblings anyway?" Mal asks, not seeming very interested in the answer as she keeps her gaze locked on the boys who are at football practice while we remain on the bleachers. The only reason I'm here with Diego is because I wanted to talk to miss young whom has disappeared inside to grab her phone.

"Out with friends" I mumble in response as i readjust Diego on my lap. "Butterfly" he speaks aloud, pointing in awe at the insect that flies around our heads. Smiling broadly he jumps up and starts to walk around the grass, following it around and trying to capture it in his small hands. I smile at the sight,

"Are you still okay to drive us down there tomorrow?" Kim touches my hand to steal my attention and I look toward her.
"Of course—well it's newbie that will be driving but he is happy to do it" I offered originally but as soon as Elias caught sound of it he convinced me to let him drive instead. He's weird like that.

"Okay good" she smiles and I return it before moving my eyes back to Diego- he's no longer in front of me. Where is he?
"Girls where is Diego?" I scour the field, jumping to my feet as I look with a tight chest. He was here only a second ago. After a fearful ten seconds when my breathing stopped and my chest tightened painfully, I catch sight of a mass of curly hair and my chest deflates. Thank god he's okay.

"Oh shit" I cringe seeing him get so close to the boys that's are still training. All I think as I rush into action is, I better catch him before coach does. Once I'm close enough, I scoop Diego up and carefully eye the football team of which a few had noticed our presence. Shit.
"Rocket you scared me" I mumble over his shoulder as I turn back to the girls-praying I make it back to the bleachers without an interaction with anyone.

"the butterfly" he explains and I nod, chuckling at his doe eyes that still remain on the flying insect. "I know buddy, it's very pretty-"
"Iris!" A loud, stern voice stops me in my tracks. I instantly recognise the voice that's been yelling out commands for the past forty five minutes. Coach. Well fuck.

I take another step in the opposite direction of him and his team hoping maybe I can pretend I didn't hear him but then I hear another voice.
"Moore" oh god that's Elias I bet the whole fucking team is staring at me now. With a heavy sigh I spin on my heel and face a grumpy looking coach and his band of idiots.

"Look what you got us into now" I whisper but Diego only titters to himself while wrapping my hair around his short fingers.
"All of you get back to practice" his voice is commanding and of course all of the boys follow without a second thought except for, unsurprisingly, the four main imbeciles. Who come strolling over. Nosy bastards.

"I'm sorry if we interrupted your practice coach" his eyes scrutinise me as I look down at Diego who suddenly hides in my neck. He doesn't like strangers. "Did I tell you four to stop?" He raises an eyebrow and I bite my lip to prevent a laugh bursting out. "Get back to it" Malcolm instantly refutes while Jake and Aidan reluctantly leave and Elias walks over to me.