Goodbyes, first words and eyes of the past

Iris:

"Iris! You're phone is ringing and it's Elias!" Oh fuck I leap out of the water heading straight for my best friend who takes off in a sprint.
"Don't you dare Bailey" I pin him with a warning glare that he takes no notice of as he presses accept call. That dipshit.
"Hey lover boy" oh my god!
"I'm going to kill you bailey!" I screech running straight at my tall friend. He uses our height difference to his advantage as he holds my phone way out of reach.

"Give it me back" I yell, jumping off the ground and swiping at my phone only to land empty handed. "You should see this actually I might record it" Bailey is in no shape or form dumb however, when it comes to common sense he isn't the brightest. While he reaches down to grab his own phone he moves mine closer to the ground just enough for me to jump up and pluck it right out of his hands. "Suck that Thompson" I stick my middle finger up, over my shoulder at him while victoriously walking away.

My celebration is cut seriously short when I realise who is on the phone and what he heard when Bailey answered it. Ugh he can sleep outside tonight after that little stunt.
"Hello?" I speak into the phone praying he's hung up. "Moore is that you?" Scrunching my face in reluctance I hesitate to speak. "Hello?"
"Yep it's me sorry about Bailey he's...an ass" I glance back at said boy who is busy building a sand castle. "It's all good and I wouldn't mind being called lover boy if it was you calling me it" slapping a hand to my forehead I will away the thoughts of me actually doing that. Focus Iris, that's never going to happen.

"You're ridiculous, anyway did you call for something?" I pace toward where the tide is lapping the sand. "Yeah erm the bike lessons" how could I completely forget?
"It slipped my mind I'm so sorry we are at the beach about to watch the sunset and-" he cuts me off as I let out a frustrated breath aimed at my own stupidity. "It's okay really I just wanted to check in since you hadn't messaged me about it" guilt is eating me up and there isn't much I can do about it but apologise.

"Of course again I'm really sorry"
"Don't worry it's fine-"
"Hey Elias you should join us, bring whoever you want" Bailey shouts down the phone that I move away from my mouth so I can mouth to him. What the fuck? He shrugs a smirk plastered onto his face that only means trouble.
"I don't want to intrude"
"Okay-" I'm cut off again.
"You aren't intruding we'll see you soon, bring snacks and a blanket!"
"As much as that sounds appealing I can't make it maybe we can watch the sunset together another time" oh how relieved I am.
"Sounds good bye newbie"
"Bye Moore" I hang up even though he hadn't completely finished speaking.

"You better run" I warn with an icy glare.
"Oh shit" Bailey legs it away and toward the ocean while I run after him, picking up a mixture of dry and wet sand on my way.
"Let's talk about this Iris. No need for violence" he attempts at diffusing the situation.
"Normally I'd agree with you considering our backgrounds but right now violence is necessary" my arm winds backwards before i throw it forward and send the sand-ball flying through the air. Not to be cocky or anything but my aim is pretty good considering it hits him right bang in the middle of his forehead. Bullseye.

"Oh you are done for, now" he wipes a slow hand down his face, brushing away some of the sand before he leaps toward me and I rush to get out of the way. Bailey chases me around the beach until I dive into the water and start splashing him. Our laughter interrupts the peaceful silence previously settled on the beach but we don't care. For once, we play and we laugh, enjoying the joy we missed out on in our childhoods.

-----------

"Come on you can crash in my room tonight" i lead Bailey up the stairs, treading lightly in case the girls have fallen asleep. It's only 9pm but when I called them earlier they sounded like shit.
"You can take a shower and I'll wash your clothes for in the morning" he nods throwing his clothes out to me from behind the bathroom door.