Family dinner

Iris:

"I'll show you but only if you do the same for me" I nod, biting at my nails. "Deal" his grin turns into a full on smile, all gleaming teeth baring with contentment. He moves around with his phone before propping it up against something and stepping away so his full body is in view.

I have to force a low whistle back down my throat as his outfit becomes apparent; baggy jeans paired with a white wife-beater. He looks smoking hot especially with that black and white cap that hides his dark mop of hair. His arm muscles are perfectly on show and his abs are barely concealed, fuck me this man is so hot I think his touch might scorch me.

"Like the view?" My eyes snap back up to his in an instant as my cheeks warm.
"I've seen better" bullshit. He doesn't say anything to my comment but I notice his jaw tick.
"You're turn" he gruffly tells me and I suck in a shy breath before I set my phone up against the mirror and take two steps back. Elias' eyes travel from my hair, that is half tied up by a black silk ribbon, to my black, long sleeved top that hugs my body and down to my grey jeans that are a straight fit. His gaze lingers longer on my hair when he does a second sweep down my body but his mocha eyes rest on my face for the most part.

"You look out of this world" his lips part slightly as he takes me in and I damn near run out of the room. He can't be looking at me like that, it makes my stomach feel all fucked up like butterflies are fighting around in there.
"Like an alien?" My question brings him back from his daydream. "What? No!" He looks genuinely concerned that I thought he was insulting me, as I let out a small chuckle.

"I'm joking doofus"
"You look hot, cute and beautiful. I've never known a person to possess all three but you, Iris Moore, embody each one" I wish he would of just said 'you're hot' like every other guy does because my life would be so much easier if he was just another guy. But he's not. He's Elias, my newbie. "Thanks?" My voice is unsure as I do not know how to reply to compliments.

"Anytime Moore" he smiles, his nose wrinkling slightly at the movement and before I can comprehend what I'm doing, I'm smiling right back. A full smile, that makes my eyes crinkle up like a grandma. "Ineffable" he almost whispers,to himself. "Can you send me the address please?" Newbie blinks up at me before my words register in his mind and he shakes his head, side to side.
"I'll pick you up"
"That's really not-"
"15 minutes. I'll see you soon, Moore" before I can argue any more he hangs up on me and my jaw drops a centimetre or two. I guess that's karma for hanging up on Bailey in the car.

"Iris get back in here and tell us what your boyfriend said" Mal hollers through the wooden door and I roll my eyes before unlocking the door and facing her smug grin.
"He's not my boyfriend" I repeat for what feels like the fiftieth time. "You should tell him that" believe me, I have. Instead of entertaining her taunt, I move past her and back inside my room. "So what's the verdict? Are you keeping the outfit?" Kim speaks through Mal's phone as I sit on the edge of my bed.

"Yeah this is the one"
"Thank god for that" Mal sighs dramatically, falling onto the bed beside me.
"What time are you leaving?" Her head lolls to the side so she comes face to face with me, those blue eyes of hers intruding.
"Actually newbie is picking me up" her eyes flare and in the next second she's stood up and dragging me with her.

"You need shoes!" Mal leads me to my closet only dropping my hand once we reach the set of double doors. She dives into picking the perfect pair to fit my outfit while I turn toward Gracie who is holding Bailey on her phone.
"You gotta go?"
"Sadly but I want updates tomorrow" I nod.
"Of course. Bye Bailey"
"Love you" he calls back.
"Love you too" I mumble before ending the call and passing Gracie her phone back.