Halloween treat

Elias:

She has me dressed up as Batman. Bat-fucking-man. The cape, mask and all. The only thing she seems to have forgotten is a shirt because I've turned the box upside down countless times and there's nothing except a pair of black cargos and the accessories which includes a black and yellow logo sticker.

After donning every thing I have received I call iris, she picks up on the second ring.
"Hey newbie" her sweet voice greets as I fall onto the edge of my bed with an untamed smile. She always has that affect on me.
"Hi baby, I was wondering about my costume" the lack of it more like. "What you don't like it?" Her tone is dripping with fraudulent question-She knows exactly what I'm talking about.

"Oh no I love it...there's just seems to be not much of it" her smile is palpable through the screen. "Really? Well you've got the cargos, cape, mask and sticker right?"
"Yes" I scrub at my jaw, "then you have everything" this girl will be the death of me.
"No shirt?" I ask with a tinge of hope.
"Where's the fun in that?" A breath of half disbelief and half amusement passes through my lips. "The sticker is for your chest though" of course it is.

"You're crazy you know that right?" She hums,
"Maybe a little but you love me for it"
"Indeed I do" and everyday I love her a little more. "Good then I'll see you soon"
"Wait do I not even get a clue to what you're going as?" I speak quickly to save her from hanging up on me.

"Leather" is all she whispers before cutting the call as i groan outwardly. Fuck she's going to look irresistible, more so than usual and if that doesn't make me move ten times faster then nothing does. Slapping the sticker onto my chest I grab the mask and jog down my stairs. Images of Iris bound in leather creep into my mind and I have to spray water on my face to stop myself from becoming hard at the mental image. Even in my imagination she's putting me in these situations. Holy shit I'm fucked for tonight.

A car's horn honking three times in a row snaps me out of my thoughts as I quickly wipe my face and leave my house. Jake is sat in my driveway waiting for me to get into the car and when he sees my costume his face contorts.

"Don't start" i grumble the command as he continues to stare before finally starting to drive.
"This was all Iris' doing by the way" I find the need to explain myself after our usual silence feels stuffy. Watching his lips curve upwards at my words, I roll my eyes. Jackass.

"Just drive dipshit" following my instruction he silently keeps the car moving until we pull up to the Evans overflowing, raging party. The lawn is already trashed even though the party has only been going for half an hour.

"His parties are always over the top" Jake sighs as we climb out of the car. "Yeah and I'm sure you won't mind when you're leaving with a girl later" his scowl turns disgusted.
"What you're planning on going solo tonight?" I nudge him. "Unless there's a skunk roaming around" he mumbles so quietly I barely catch his words. "Skunk? What- oh my god you're still hung up on that girl from the art exhibit"

His eyes narrow venomously. "Shut. It" he annunciates each word threateningly and I smirk. It's about time he got a sense of teenage love though me and Iris are more than that. We have real love, something I hope will last forever and a year between us.

"Let's get this shit over with" I nod, following his lead as he starts to move through crowds that part when they see who is coming. That helps us enter the kitchen without much effort and shots are being forced down our throats in seconds. I down one in an instant before continuing to scour the crowds for her. I know she's not here yet and Jake, Aidan and Malcolm remind me of that for the next half an hour yet I don't stop searching, waiting.

I'm normally a patient man because there's not much I care enough for that my eyes are practically glued to the door in anticipation for their arrival, of course Iris is that exception as she is for most things.