Missing you

Iris:

"I'm going down to baileys for the week"
"Wait what?!" Mal shouts dramatically.
"What about all of our plans?" Those plans she is talking about include spa days and shopping sprees. "I'll be back for the weekend but I really need to get out of here and i promised Bailey I would visit him soon" I shove another pair of jeans into my bag as I speak, that being the last item I need to pack.

"Maybe we could visit for a day or two, he lives close to a beach right?" Kim suggests and I nod.
"Yeah he does and that would be amazing if you could all come down even if only for a night"
I look to Mal who pouts. "That would be fun but we will miss you" the corners of my mouth quirk as I zip up my bag. "It'll only be a couple days"
"Still" she pushes off of my bed and throws her arms around me. I fall back and laugh as she clings on tightly to me, Kim wraps herself over us both and pulls Lucy in too.

"I love you all but I've got to get going soon"
"Shhh, one more minute" Kim shushes me and I can't help but smile. It feels good to be able to hug my friends and not be in physical pain. After another five minutes they all roll off of me.
"So who is going on this trip?" Lucy questions.
"All of the kids and me of course"
"Wait what about Elias?" I roll my lips inwards.

"I'm not sure, he's had so much going on at his dads company recently and I don't want to mess any of that up" I grab my phone charger as they speak. "That sucks, is that where he is now?" Nodding, I search the room one more time for anything I've missed. "Am I the only one who finds it weird how involved he is all of a sudden?" All eyes turn to Mal as she continues,
"Before you went to the hospital he never went to any meetings and now he's fully booked up with them" that thought had crossed my mind for a moment but honestly I don't want to know.

As long as he's okay, we're okay and everything will stay the same, I don't need to know. Unless he's cheating of course but he's made me confident in our relationship so I doubt it.
"Honestly I have no idea but I don't want to worry about it. I'm happy living in peaceful ignorance for the moment. When I get back I'll ask him" the girls accept my decision and I puff out a breath, slinging my bag over my back.

"Well we all know he's not cheating so it can't be anything bad right?" Lucy brightens the mood with her wobbly smile. "You're right I'm sure it's nothing" Kim grins encouragingly.
"Yeah, yeah of course but if you want me to look into it I'd be more than willing" Mal offers with a sly curve of her lips. "I don't think this quite requires your stalking skills yet Mal, but maybe when we get back I'll take you up on that" she frowns playfully before smiling bright once more.

"Okay! I'll hold you to that but what do you need help with so you can get going on time for the train?" Since this was quite a last minute trip I'm not completely ready to leave just yet.
"Well I'm just going to clean up the living room and kitchen, then check that the kids are ready before I'm gone."
"Well we will get started on the cleaning while you go to the kids because I'm pretty sure I can hear them arguing" I screw my eyes shut.
"What could they possibly be arguing over now?"

The girls all laugh lightly as I trudge out of the door and down the hallway where I can hear the voices grow louder and louder until I reach Gracie's door. "It was his fault"
"You're the one who pushed me!"
"You pushed me first"
"Cause you stole my strawberry!"
"Big deal it was one strawberry"
"It was the last strawberry!" Ava yells at Lu before stomping her foot.

"Will you two please stop acting like babies so we can figure this out?" Gracie's voice cuts through the air and I hesitate from walking in just to hear a little more honesty before they start spewing bullshit when they see me.
"Yeah you're even worse than Malcolm" addy chimes in making me grin.
"I hate you all" Ava grumbles, no doubt with a scowl on her face. "Yes we know, you tell us every hour" I'm sure her twin roll her eyes.