Finding peace

Trigger warning: remember to read book description for any content that may be triggering

Iris:

Elias clung onto me the entire time we were at his grandma's house like I was some kind of stress reliever. Even when I tried to get a drink he'd follow and watch me pour it, when a bunch of his cousins went outside to play football he refused unless I played too. Obviously, that never happened because they threw the ball at me once and I was nearly knocked out cold. Elias deemed it was too dangerous after that and made me sit in his lap while we watched the game from afar.

I was a blushing mess after that but he didn't notice nor care that we were showing so much PDA in front of his entire family. I mean for gods sake he tried to come into the bathroom with me and pouted when I made him stay outside. Diego on the other hand, had the time of his life playing with the other younger kids while Lu found a corner to hide in for the entire time. Although I made sure to sit with him for 99% of the time, I even dragged him outside with us.

Now we are all gathered in the living room listening to some background music and sharing stories from the past and present. Elias is deeply engaged in a conversation with his grandfather who is one of the nicest men I've ever met. Though my boyfriend makes sure to look over at me every other minute and I try to give him an assuring smile each time until I grow so tired that I barely manage anything over than a yawn. Which I tried to hide from Elias because he's having a great time with all of his family around and I don't want to ruin that.

However, he catches me in the act and does a double take so fast I don't have the chance to finish the yawn before he rattles something off to his grandfather before raising from his chair.
"Thank you for everything, I've had a great night but me, Iris and the boys are going to head up now so we'll see you all tomorrow." My jaw drops a centimetre, "but you were having so much fun" I whisper with disbelief that he's so quickly deciding to get up and leave.

"It's not any fun when i know you're fighting to stay awake each second" he whispers back before scooping me and Diego up in one fail swoop. I gasp clinging onto his neck while the little boy in my arms starts to giggle. "You're embarrassing me" i murmur into his neck but he only smiles.
"My family know of my obsession with you, this is nothing to them" a round of good nights echoes through the room as I'm carried out and up the stairs without him so much as stopping for a single breath. Damn, I don't think I'll ever get used to his strength.

"You should go back downstairs we will be okay here" I say through another yawn and sleepy smile as he lowers me onto the bed. Newbie reaches down to brush some hair out of my face with the corners of his lips flipped upwards.
"I'd rather cuddle with you" I huff out a laugh.
"I'm sure you would but you can do that later or tomorrow even, but you can't have this time with your family whenever you want" he frowns, thinking for a moment.

"You really don't mind?" I shake my head gently,
"Not at all, I don't want my or our presence to stop you from having family time" he waits for a second and then kisses my lips with meaning before moving over to Diego and kissing his forehead. "I love you"
"I love you too" I respond and he smiles beautifully. "Be good for my girl little man" he ruffles Diego's hair before standing and looking toward Luis.

"You're room is just next door to your left, feel free to go to sleep whenever you want" Lu nods sharply as Elias pats his shoulder and then looks toward me once more. "Go have fun" I encourage and he nods, reluctantly exiting the room.
"Lulu" Diego calls out to his brother making me smile. "I think someone wants you to cuddle them" I grin teasingly and Lu rolls his eyes but trudges over to the bed anyway. Diego immediately climbs onto him.

"I spoke to miss Amy about the dance" I talk as I pull the covers back and then over all three of us.
"She said that we can all go but I think Gracie was talking about a date on that day and Ava said she's was thinking of going somewhere with Katy. So it might just be you, me and addy" i glance at the brothers to see Diego already peacefully sleeping.