The Surprise

I was panicking as I got out of my taxi, in front of the Williams' main office building. I thought of the many possibilities of how this would pan out. I asked Peppa not to come with, in case something goes wrong and I end up being humiliated. I can take the verbal abuse and disgrace, I had taken it for years but I would never forgive myself for putting my friend on the headlines because I made an idiotic mistake.

The least I can do is protect her image as I walk towards ruining mine.

The moment I made it inside the building, it was like I was in another world. Bright cream coloured walls with people dressed in business suits coming in and out. Some on phone calls and some holding coffee as they conversed, I knew very well I was out of place even though the place looked emptier than I expected. It is a tall building so I did it expect there to be people on this floor anyway, except for the receptionist.

Although, I felt as though I was being watched as I made my way to reception. I hate the feeling but I have to do it, I have to tell Kevin before I go back to my life and figure out what do next. I don't expect him to keep me in his life but I know he has to know either way.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The woman asked when I stood in front of her desk.

She was a sweet young woman with blonde hair that had bangs which covered some of her face. She had pretty purple glasses that surrounded her eyes and she held a sweet smile on.

"Uh.. yes. I'm here to see Kevin. Kevin Williams?" I spoke, trying to stop my voice from shaking out of nervousness.

I can positively say that was a big failure.

"I apologize ma'am but Mr Williams is not taking any interviews today. You should come back tomorrow." She replies with a soft voice to show her genuine apology as she spoke.

"I'm not here for interviews... I'm- it's personal." I spoke in a low voice. She narrowed her eyes at me as if trying to figure me out but she did not seem convinced. Long gone was the sweet lady and now she was serious as she fixed her glasses looking at me from head to toe.

My hair was not tied up and I had worn dark jeans and a white top with a beige cardigan and some sneakers. I did not in any way look like I was here for an interview because I was dressed casually.

"Again ma'am, Mr Williams is not to be bothered unless you have an appointment." The woman emphasizes once more, she had a sharper tone this time.

"Okay then fine. Can I use your bathroom? I'm pregnant with morning sickness so.." I said, attempting to trick the lady.

"That wont work on me honey, this is not my first rodeo. I suggest you leave unless you want me to call security." The woman threatens. I groan in frustration.

To be honest, I am actually pregnant with morning sickness.

"I'm sorry but I really need to see him. You do-" My body froze when a deep voice of a man spoke behind me, interrupting me of my words. My heart started racing so fast I could hear it thumping in my head. My stomach felt heat as my skin got goosebumps all over as the air suddenly felt so cold.

"Is there a problem, Olivia?" I suddenly had more fear than I did anger.

"Nothing Mr Williams, this young lady was about to leave because I told her there are no interviews today." Olivia's voice said in a warning tone more to me than to her boss.

I turned around slowly, only to look up and see the man I thought I despised but my heart betrayed me. Kevin was clearly taken aback by seeing my face but instead of being annoyed as I expected, he gave his usual flirtatious smirk that he charmed me with. I was shocked by his action but he spoke before I did.