Listen to Daddy

My morning was filled with roses and daises. Literally, I woke up with a bunch of flowers all over my bedroom. Different kinds of flowers even on top of my bed. I started looking around until I saw a note on top of the pillow next to me. I reached out to pick it up and opened it.

Happy birthday to the greatest baby mama ever

-KJ

I smiled at the note, it smelled like lavender, I had forgotten my birthday was already here and it was my last month of my pregnancy. I remember having a baby shower two months ago, somehow being pregnant felt more real than it was when my tummy was big and round. This time it was so big I was not even able to make my own bed. I was turning 23 at least, not a bad age to be a mother right? Not to mention my last two months of pregnancy have actually been amazing.

Kevin made sure of it and not just by gifts and surprises but by being friends. Spending time with me and Peppa when she visits. We would have fun like children do. We are better off as friends.

Me and Peppa passed our last six months of school, I was studying online and now we were to graduate soon and I was going to give birth to a healthy baby.

We still decided on the gender reveal but after the baby was born. Even though my fear has lessened, Kevin suggested we do that to respect my wishes. He sometimes took me to walks even though I'm very pregnant, we were told it's good for me to get air every now and then. Some exercise for the body is important too.

I tried to drag my huge belly out of bed but it wasn't a success. I groaned in annoyance as I lied there like a star fish.

"Need help baby mama?" I heard someone at the door and I looked up to see Kevin on the doorway.

"Euw don't call me that, and yes I need help." I replied.

Kevin was enjoying me struggling with my big belly way too much, he said he was happy to help. He was enjoying waiting around for me and feeding into every one of my crazy cravings. It's not everyday Kevin Williams waits around for anybody. Matter of fact I expected him to hire Nannies till the end of the pregnancy or something but he said he can do it all on his own this time.

He told me a few days back that he had taken paternity leave because he wanted to be responsible. He wanted to be part of as I quote "our pregnancy" so he's also closer to the baby. Months ago I never would've thought he would be this type of person, I am loving this type of person.

~~~

Kevin had a whole day planned for Fiona. He wanted to do more than stay in but the pregnancy did not allow Fiona to associate so he was not going to put her around people. People simply made her irritated unlike five months ago when she was laughing about the pregnancy, her moods only wanted her to be around a few selected people now and that is all he could ask for.

"Where's Mandy and Joanne?" She asks when she noticed that only Kevin was helping her.

"Taking a few weeks off. I'll be taking care of you for the time being." He answered.

Fiona stopped her walking to look at Kevin in the eye to see whether he was joking on or not.

"You're serious? What if I want to take a bath?" She asked. He gave her a naughty smile knowing very well he would have to help.

"Come on, it's nothing I haven't seen." Which is true, by the way, Fiona did not hide her body from him then but not now.

"Yeah? Not for the last 9 months so no." She says heading for the bathroom.

"Okay fine I won't look. I just want to be available for you." He says. He sounded sincere but then again, what the heck, it's nothing she could do about it.