A dash of daughter or two

I have been having a very stressful two weeks, more so than I did when I was busy with my usual schedule. Yesterday, I missed a chance to hang out with Lola because I got called in for a last minute interview the day before. So currently, I have just arrived at The Diamond hotel to visit my sister. Today is actually thanksgiving, I wanted to spend it with her but unfortunately for me, my family is so divided I can't exactly bring her with me. With her cancer, I must be gentle with some pressures around her.

"Hey! I brought Chinese." I announce as soon as I enter the penthouse, attempting to close the door whilst holding stuff on both my arms.

When I turn around though, I am met by a really tall guy with dark blue eyes and thick lips, holy shit who is this? His hair is in cornrow braids while there's some shaved on the side. His dark skin complimented his blue eyes, it was unusual but beautiful. If I do say so my self, he is smoking. The question is, who and why is he here?

"Uh.. hi?" I say awkwardly.

"Oh shit! Fiona!" My sister comes out from the kitchen in an apron and some a bowl with a spoon on her other hand.

"I brought Chinese?" I say lifting the plastic bag with goods in it.

"This is Akeem. Akeem, this is my.. sister I've told you about her." She introduces, I could see the nervousness in her voice which is why I let her continue. "Akeem and I were just.. making food."

"Oh, well this is awkward." I mumble, trying to contain my smile. Obviously this is her boyfriend or whatever.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Fiona." Akeem says walking towards me and extending his hand to me.

I lifted the stuff currently occupying both my hands and he takes it holding a soft smile. He's sweet and looks kinda intimidating but also very sweet I don't know how that goes together but it does. If he wasn't tall he would just be sweet, it's totally his height.

"You too Akeem. Seems as though someone forgot to tell me about you." I say as he takes the plastic bags and heads over to the kitchen. "Who is this?" I whisper shouted at my sister more in interest as soon as Akeem disappeared into the kitchen.

"Wait, you're not mad?"

"Well, I know he's not hurting you so why would I be mad? Should I be?"

"Oh... uhm. He's a friend. I met him a week after I arrived here in Miami. He's uh.. lonely for thanksgiving since he doesn't have a family so I thought it'd be okay if we spent it together, considering.." She trails off as she looks at me with an answer.

"I know. I'm glad I'm not your only friend you were beginning to worry me." She chuckles. "Between you and me, I think you'd do great as a couple. Just saying." She rolls her eyes and I notice her shoulders relaxing from the tension. I don't like that she's not comfortable enough to tell me, but at the same time I respect it.

"I was so worried you wouldn't approve so I made him only come when you're not around." She says taking a seat on the couch and I follow.

"Don't worry, I am happy for you. You still have a life Lola." I say rubbing her arm gently. "And as much as I want to stay though, Gabriella is being a dragon lady again, I wanted to sneak here for like an hour to get us some Chinese. Since I know you're with someone, it it okay if I see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, of course. Say hi to Kevin for me." She says and I hug her before get up heading for the door.

"I will! Bye Akeem!" I shout out as I head for the door.

On my way back to the William's residence, I decided to pass by a grocery store remembering that I need a few things for Storm. Another nice part of having the father of my child be a wealthy man is the part where I can get him quality baby stuff without being shocked by the price. Actually I still get shocked but at least I can still put it in the cart.