Memories

Other than an odd morning with my sister and Greyson, I am having a good and jolly day. Thanksgiving is going better than I thought it would as we all join the table including Peppa. It's her first thanksgiving not at home but because of work she couldn't leave for New York.

New York. It's been almost a year but I can't say I don't miss it. I don't miss home but I do miss the city . There was this truck ran by an old guy named Earl, he sold the best subs ever and I can't even find that in Miami. With my standard of living now, I doubt these people even know what subs are.

After dinner we all start cleaning up and bonding, up, I approach Peppa disturbing hers and Kane's conversation.

"Hey, can I borrow her?" I ask as soon as I lean on the kitchen sink. He nods wordlessly leaves us alone. I have been dying to talk to her all night.

"What's up?"

"I saw your boss when I was running an errand and he is stuck with two little girls." I expected her to find it as funny as I am finding it but she just shrugs in response.

"Oh? He did mention his nieces were visiting which is why I'm so needed at work. He should just make me the his PA since his actual PA never does anything." She says drying her hands with a towel. I can see the annoyance in her voice, and honestly, I understand it's annoying.

"Well that doesn't seem fair. He shouldn't exactly be putting that burden on you." I agree.

"Well, unlike you Fiona, some of us don't easily charm the hot guy enough to make demands especially since my pay comes from him." She says with a bit of attitude. I didn't expect that to feel like a jab but it does and I don't know why so I just changed the topic. I don't like backhanded comments which is why I think it's best to move on.

"On other news, Lola seems to have a boyfriend."

"Oh my God Fiona anything but that." She quickly says lifting her hand up at me.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't want to hear about your brat of a sister." She says about to leave the kitchen but I stop her and pulled her back so she faces me. I don't think she even heard herself right.

"You don't have the right to call my sister that." I say in defense but she dismisses me by rolling her eyes.

"Fiona, if you want to be gullible enough to let her in your life then don't include me." She says before she turns around again and leaves.

"What is wrong with you? You're being.." -I pause trying to find the right words to describe her very uncalled behavior recently- "Mean."

"Mean? I'm not being mean when I'm looking out for you! For my friend!" This time she shouts, warning the attention of the people around us but I don't care since I am more concerned with her behavior.

"Who said I need you to looking out for me! I am a grown woman Peppa." Jasmine shows up and comes to my side and whispers lowly so the three of us could hear and not the new audience that is already around us.

"And the only thing grown you've ever done was learning to take care of your own child." Snaps Peppa.

"I don't need your judgement in my life, I don't need all of this." I am done with this argument, it's better if we drop it before it escalates which is why I attempt to leave

"Can you guys like tomorrow and in private. It's thanksgiving remember?" She says getting in between us but neither of us bat an eye at her as we glare at each other. Peppa ignores her as she argues with a louder voice.

"Clearly you do because you just forgive people with no consequences when they are obviously playing you! Maybe you're not exactly gullible you're just purely-" She stops before could finish her sentence.