First Interview!

As days went by, I finally receive a call from one of the places I'd applied for a job to. Although I still kept seeing that message on my instagram, I never replied to it because I'm still unsure if really it's legit, no matter how many times I have confirmed the information that they gave me. I still wasn't sure I was up for it and I didn't make it something to have faith in. If I was going to test the waters then I would have to do it as something on the side.

Besides, they texted months ago so the offer might not be available anymore. So here I was, dressed in black and white as requested. My ginger hair in a low bun, confidence over the top and heels not too tall enough to make it hard for me to walk normally. I had exactly about 15 minutes to drop off Storm at Gabriella's and go to my interview.

I want to get there 20 minutes early and currently, I have about 45 minutes till my interview so I was in a hurry. As soon as I was downstairs, Storm in my hands, I greeted Isabella when I saw she was busy fixing the couch pillows. I'll admit, it's nice being the one to wake up to a clean house for once and not being the one who has to clean the house. I liked it that way anyway though.

"Hello, Isabella. I didn't know you'd be available today." I say.

"Well, I was supposed to have my day off but Mr Williams told me you have interview. I wanted to babysit." She said cheerfully.

Isabella is such amazing help because she's both sweet and caring. I love her around Storm and even if it hasn't been a week of her help here, we've grown close but I guess as close as employee and employer not friends, yet.

"Oh no, I couldn't ask you to do that, I don't want to ruin your schedule, I can get Gabriella to babysit."

"Nonsense! I love children. Besides, I get full paid weekend off tomorrow." She says and we both chuckle together.

She had some plans today but she was kind enough to cancel them for me. I mean, maybe she is doing it for the money but she's actually also doing it out of a good heart. Good hearts must be rewarded also though. I'm just glad Kevin did this for me so now I can go to my interview without worrying about whether Gabriella might be available or not. Because my schedule included me dropping off my son at hers, I kept forgetting she has a life of her own and she's not a free babysitter.

I checked the time on my phone to see I have wasted my 15 minutes so now I must skedaddle out of here.

"Thank you so much Isabella. I'll make sure Kevin gives you that paid weekend off. I really gotta go, wish me luck!" I say giving him the boy. I kissed both his cheeks before I gave them a goodbye.

"Good luck!" I hear Isabella shout back as I made my way outside.

This has got to be interesting, I've never in my life felt both confident and nervous at the same time. Peppa was right, this thing is an emotional roller coaster and exciting at the same time. I just hope I don't have to do this multiple times.

***

I'm currently sat on the chair at this coffee shop that happens to be about 5 minutes away from my interview venue. I had ordered two sandwiches and some lemonade because I couldn't have a hot beverage right now. Even though I could definitely go for a pure black, no milk, very caffeinated coffee with two cubes of sugar to drown how I'm feeling right now.

I'm not someone against alcohol but as long as I'm still breastfeeding, I'll try to hold off the caffeine and I'm definitely not having any alcohol until I stop. It feels like I would be poisoning my child if I have unhealthy beverages like that.

I hadn't eaten before my interview though because when I'm nervous I get very nauseated. I can't release anything if I have nothing to release right?

The interview was.. I can't say a success. I was very prepared, the questions were answerable but it felt as though my attire was the problem and when I saw that it didn't satisfy them, I almost lost my confidence and I found myself stuttering at the last part of the interview.