Infamous in Miami

When Peppa finally left, I was left alone to live with Kevin and it felt like hell. At least most of the time it felt like hell. Days felt like weeks and weeks felt like months and before I even knew it, I was five months pregnant with the child of a man that did not love me.

I was unsure of whether I was happy or sad that Kevin spent as little time around me as he could. But then again, it is what the doctor suggested. Two days after Peppa left, Kevin and I went for our first checkup because he did not believe that the baby was fully healthy. Another offense they threw at me that's what I had to endure.

We found out the baby was still as healthy as ever but mentally, I, the mother was not in the right space. The more stress and anger I would feel, the higher chances it would affect my baby and what made me feel the anger and stress was Kevin around me. The doctor suggested he spent as little time around me as possible but still enough time for the baby to recognize it's father. Of course the doctor did not think much of my distaste for the father of my child other than that that's how some pregnancies are.

People on the internet were burning to know the woman carrying the child of famous CEO and Miami's finest bachelor, Kevin Jr Williams. His family decided not to speak about it until today, a press conference was in session so the rumours such as I was being used as a surrogate would die down and I would be able to go to public in peace.

I was really uncomfortable in the situation I was in and indeed it was uncomfortable since I had to lie to hundreds of people if not thousands. We couldn't exactly be honest about our encounter so our cover story was that the two of us had been in a long term relationship in secret but now the relationship had turned to only a friendship so we can be co-parents.

"How are you feeling?" Kevin asked for the third time since we were here. His father was still announcing the reason for the conference.

It's true that Kevin and I had finally succumbed to being friends. I decided it's better if I let my heart forgive because if it was bad for the baby then I would compromise but still Kevin insisted on giving me a lot of space.

"I'm better." I replied with a soft smile as my hand squeezed his.

We looked at each other in the eyes for comfort. Kevin could handle the pressure of journalists but I couldn't because I was new to this. Not to mention the things that were said about me on social media had me crying on top of pregnancy hormones. I was hysterical.

"Kevin? The stage is yours." His father says suddenly before he moves away from the podium.

Many journalists were shouting his name for his attention as soon as he made his way at the front and he picked a man from the crowd.

I'm still not over the fact that these people are hold-a-press-conference-to-talk-about-my-personal-life type of rich. But then again they are famous.

"Mr Williams, would you say this woman was just a one night stand gone wrong?" He asks flatly as if that was a normal question. I cringed at it.

These people considered no one's feelings and I get they are just doing their job but how do you say that with little to no remorse? I guess not all of them can be respectful.

"No, it was not." He said, confidently. "Fiona and I were together for a while and our love for one another like any young couple resulted in us being reckless. It was not just a meaningless one night stand." He continued, lying like he had been trained to his whole life. Who am I to judge? I have trained myself to lie my whole life as a survival instinct.

The crowd started booming once more until he pointed for another journalist, a young woman.

"Yes! Mr Williams, you and the mother of your child are no longer together? Why is that?" She asked with much enthusiasm and excitement like she had been waiting for an opportunity which was quite cute.