chapter 2: Apprehension test

Now dressed in their gym suits, class 1-A is outside at the P.E. grounds. Josh and Akiza were a bit concerned about using their quirks (with good reason in Josh's case). Yaoyorozu notices that they're worried.

Momo: Hey guys? Are you two doing ok? You look like something bad is going to happen.

Akiza: Yeah. (Raises hand) Excuse me, sir?

Aizawa: What is it?

Akiza: it's about Josh's Quirk. half of my brother's quirk is somewhat questionable.

Aizawa: Is it about him about to summon weapons?

Akiza and Josh were surprised to learn that Aizawa knew about Josh's quirk that has the ability to create special weapons. Regardless, he encourages the siblings not to worry about what their classmates would say. In the faculty office, Shimura was reunited with her former student, Toshinori Yagi (or All-Might).

Shimura: it's great to see you after all these years, Toshi.

All-Might: I'm just surprised to learn that you're alive after your fateful fight against Him. But how?

Shimura: I was saved by Josh and his sister, and as thanks, I adopted them.

All-Might: Is that in an attempt to fix your mistake of sending your child to an orphanage years ago?

Shimura was quiet and looked a little sad about her decision to leave her son. Deep down, she knew that her friend/ former student was right. She decided to change the topic about his successor and learnt something amazing.

Shimura: You gave this kid One for All because he showed bravery despite being Quirkless? (Chuckles) He kind of reminds me of you when we first met.

All-Might: You're right about that. (Makes a couple of cuppa tea) I've also heard that both young Josh and his sister have special quirks.

Shimura: Josh does have some reservations about his weapon summoning side, but he's confident about the other half.

All-Might: (bringing the cups of tea) other half?

Shimura: vehicular and physical altercations. (Receives the tea) Thanks.

The pair learn that the sibling's home room teacher was Aizawa. Concern about his student, All-Might and Shimura rush to the P.E. grounds as their tests were going all right.

During the 50-meter dash, Josh transformed his feet as wheels and got into position as Iida does the same.

Robot: Runners ready? Go!

The two boys were off to the finish line, and Josh crossed the finishing line by a second before Iida.

Josh: 02.00 seconds
Iida: 03.04 seconds

Josh slides to a stop as his feet transform back to normal. Iida congratulated his classmate. As the tests continued, Akiza cleared the sand box using her rose vines. It's currently the ball throw, and Josh was first up. He partly transformed his arm and threw the ball until it vanish. Aizawa shows him the result

Aizawa: a hundred thousand miles. That's quite impressive.

1-A besides Akiza: a hundred thousand miles?!

After Josh's turn was finished, Ochacuo used her quirk until the ball disappeared. Her result was infinity. However, during Midoriya's turn, the home room teacher was revealed as Eraser Head, the erasure hero. He allows Midoriya a second turn to throw the ball and gets a similar result as Bakugo. Angry for hiding his quirk, Bakugo charges at Midoriya.

Josh: Stop him, sis.

Akiza summons a bunch of vines to wrap up Bakugo in place from attacking Midoriya as Josh walks between them.

Josh: You might think that he was hiding his quirk all these years, Bakugo. But have you ever heard of the term 'Late Bloomer'?

Bakugo: Huh?! What does that term have to mean anything?!

Fuyumi: It's a term that sometimes affects people later on. Even during elementary school.

Aizawa knew what Josh was talking about. After the test, the results were in.

1. Joshua Erwin-Shimura/ Momo Yaoyorozu
2. Shoto Todoroki/ Akiza Erwin-Shimura
3. Katsuki Bakugo
4. Tenya Iida/ Fuyumi Todoroki
5. Fumikage Tokoyami
6. Mezo Shoji
7. Mashirao Ojiro
8. Eijiro Kirishima
9. Mina Ashido
10. Ochaco Uraraka
As the list goes on, Midoriya is worried about being expelled on the first day as he sees his name at the bottom of the list.

Aizawa: (Turns off the results) and I was lying about the expelling of anyone. (Smiles) It was all a rational deception to make sure you gave it your all in the tests.

Most of the class was shocked by the news as Josh, Akiza, and Yaoyorozu knew that it was a lie. As they went back to the classroom, Aizawa bumped into Shimura and All-Might.

All-Might: That was a rotten move, Aizawa.

Aizawa: All-Might. Mighty Heroine. I didn't know that the two of you were watching.

Shimura: I was concerned when I heard that both my kids were in your class.

Aizawa: (looked at Shimura, confused) Your... kids? You mean Josh and Akiza, right?

Shimura: My adopted kids.

At the end of the day, Josh and Akiza collected their school schedules and returned home with Nana.

The next chapter: first hero training session