chapter 15: an honourable match

During Mina's match with Aoyama is going, Shimura went to find Josh as he prepares for his match with his friend, Momo.

Shimura: have you made up a strategy against your friend?

Josh: I'm going to go easy on her.

Shimura: kinda like the way of knights?

Josh: kinda.

Eventually, it was time for Josh to head to the arena for his match with his friend, Yaoyorozu. Present Mic introduces her first as the master of creation. As Josh entered the arena, Present Mic introduces him as the master of weapons and skill. The crowd went nuts as they were in for a show. Josh summons a shield on his left arm and a sword appeared attached to his waist as Yaoyorozu did the same.

 Josh summons a shield on his left arm and a sword appeared attached to his waist as Yaoyorozu did the same

(Josh's spar weapons for the festival tournament but the shield isn't transformed)

Josh: best of luck, Momo.

Momo: you too, Josh.

Present Mic gives the go ahead and the match began as Josh and Yaoyorozu locked their swords. Using her knowledge from their spar during the time when the school was closed while the school was recovering from the incident at USJ. The crowd was amazed with the match. Iida notices that Josh's sword started to glow white.

Iida: Is it just me or is Josh's sword is glowing?

Akiza: it's not just you. I can see it glowing myself.

During the match, Josh charges up his sword as Yaoyorozu brought up her shield in hopes of protecting herself.

Josh: Sorry about this, Momo. But I aim to win. (Thrust his sword downward) White Lighting beam!

A streak of lightning pushes Yaoyorozu to the out of bounds. Although he won the match, Josh walked over to Yaoyorozu and gives her a hug as she was a little sad.

Momo: thanks for the match, Josh.

Josh: It was an honourable match. I promise to make it up to you by winning the tournament.

Momo: (cheering up) I'll hold you up to your promise.

The two head up to the stands where their classmates were amazed with the match as the following match was going to be on for a while.

Tsuyu: That was a good match. 'Ribbit'

Josh: I did promised an honourable match.

Jiro: what was that move on Yao-momo?

Josh: you mean 'White Lighting slash'? Honestly I don't really know. It just came to me.

As they chat, Shimura notices that both Akiza and Ochacuo are preparing for the final match of the first round of the tournament.

The next chapter: Akiza vs. Ochacuo